ST: 3/10 Split Squads vs Reds/at Mariners

flavum

Is the current game on anywhere? I got the MLB ticket for my laptop, but the game does not appear to be televised... At least I know it isn't on my laptop, lol!

I would like to see how Beckham's new swing is working out for him. He is 0-3 with two flyouts to center, which could indicate a good swing... even though they have not resulted in a recorded hit...

Edited by floridafan

QUOTE (floridafan @ Mar 10, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
Is the current game on anywhere? I got the MLB ticket for my laptop, but the game does not appear to be televised... At least I know it isn't on my laptop, lol!

I would like to see how Beckham's new swing is working out for him. He is 0-3 with two flyouts to center, which could indicate a good swing... even though they have not resulted in a recorded hit...

Link in the first post. Beckham is playing in the M's game, so you won't see him.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (floridafan @ Mar 10, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
I wonder what I was watching on MLB.com? Seattle vs Sox ... I thought that game was live... are theretwo games underway?

Yes, split squads today.

They brought some guys from minor league camp today for both games. DeMichele is supposed to be on the bench for this game against the Reds.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 10, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
Does Reed look bigger? Saw he was hitting 94 last week which is closer to what scouting reports had him at in the minors than what he showed a lot of times last year.

I think you're completely off on what his velocity was. Perhaps you're only remembering the end of the season, he clearly lost some velocity at the end of the season, but take a look at the chart, he was at 93-96 for the first half of the season.

10586_P_FA_20120930.png

If he looks a bit bigger, hopefully that's an effort to make sure his conditioning lasts for the full season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 10, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
I think you're completely off on what his velocity was. Perhaps you're only remembering the end of the season, he clearly lost some velocity at the end of the season, but take a look at the chart, he was at 93-96 for the first half of the season.

10586_P_FA_20120930.png

If he looks a bit bigger, hopefully that's an effort to make sure his conditioning lasts for the full season.

I thought his stuff was flat, especially his slider, the majority of the year. Particularly from the Boston debacle on.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 10, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
I thought his stuff was flat, especially his slider, the majority of the year. Particularly from the Boston debacle on.

I think that was a symptom of being tired out. That shows up in his fastball velocity too.