4/15 Games

flavum

Some of the bitterness towards the org in here is incredible. I have to assume the big club's crappy play is part of it.

First of all folks, it is April 16th. The season started about 1.5 weeks ago. Let's not go thinking guys are going to keep hitting .400, or keep striking out 60% of the time.

Second, while everyone panics about Hawkins (and I'll admit there should be some concern there), no one is mentioning that there have been a number of pitching prospects having very nice starts: Jaye, Beck, Webb and others.

Third, the system is undoubtedly better than it was a few years ago, and the drafting has been undoubtedly better the past 4-5 years, and the international spending has gone up a ton. That didn't suddenly disappear with a week and a half of baseball on the books. The system is still pretty thin, but it is headed the right direction.

About Hawkins though... yeah, even in a small sample size, that is a little scary. I see why they started him in A+, since he marched up to that level last year looking good. Something changed, and now he needs to make more adjustments. I am sure the Sox are just as aware of his K's as we are, and are working on a plan. Give it time.