The only positive to the Winter Meetigns so far...

Cerbaho-WG

Montreal will get rid of a lot of offers tonight...regardless of whether or not they do it. Teams are going to want to know if they can get Colon/Vazquez/Vidro/Barret/Guerrero/Tatis and everyone, so they will assume they can't get them and take them off. There is probably going to be a little sign of urgency from all the GMs there....I hope KW isn't one of them. He should leave his offer on the table...we got plenty of time to wait. His offer is one of the better ones out there if this Lee/Liefer, Garland, Harris, Paul and PTBNL for Colon, Vidro, and Barret is in fact true...the Yankees aren't giving the Expos a good pitcher in giving up Colon...not only that, but the Sox are going to be taking more than just that $8.25 million away, as they would be taking between $10 million-$14 million away.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

He's got a fair deal on the table, lets wait and see what happens.  Its looking like Ortiz may be the backup plan, but I don't really know what the Giants would want that we have.

I read somewhere that SF wanted Konerko. And for us to take JT Snow off their hands.

Originally posted by YASNY

He's got a fair deal on the table, lets wait and see what happens.  Its looking like Ortiz may be the backup plan, but I don't really know what the Giants would want that we have.

sf is really smoking some crazy stuff but then again, we are talking about kw.

ref to mont, i bet they will be getting some huge offers for 1 of the players mention in the package. some teams will not have enuf tp entice mont to deal all in one big strioke.

I read somewhere that SF wanted Konerko. And for us to take JT Snow off their hands.

montreal nees to s*** or get off the pot...i dont thin kthe other GM's want to deal too much until they know what montreal will do...this is becoming a joke...its like standing in line at wal mart at 4am wait for those 2 hour sales where everything is 50% off....

either move the team to DC and sell it to a real owner or kill it...

No thank you SF :****

That would make some sense, but if we are giving up Konerko, I'd expect Ainsworth in return as well as Ortiz.

I'd consider that as well.  San Fran has some damn good prospects, we already have one of them in Diaz, I'd definately take the other two.

Can someone bring me up to speed on Diaz? Who is he and how did we get him?

I'd consider that as well.  San Fran has some damn good prospects, we already have one of them in Diaz, I'd definately take the other two.

Can someone bring me up to speed on Diaz? Who is he and how did we get him?

diaz is a decent prospect at best. we got him in a kenny lofton trade. which was a good trade in our favor.

As LDF said, Diaz was acquired in the Kenny Lofton deal.

Stuff wise, he's compared to Pedro Martinez or Juan Cruz. This kid has one of the best arms in the minor leagues, the question is his health.

When the guy is healthy he is a legit ace in waiting, but the question is if he can stay healthy.