Cole Hamels?

GGajewski18

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)
You say this (and everything behind it)...

...and then follow it with this.

Do you understand what I'm getting at?

I probably should have quoted but I was responding to the couple people who made it seem as if we were giving up too much. I completely agree that trading for Hamels would be right move for our franchise, but that's only because I don't believe we are poised to win at the moment and 1 pitcher isn't going to change that. But from a pure value/talent standpoint I don't think the package in the OP would get us Hamels and isn't even close to too much.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
I probably should have quoted but I was responding to the couple people who made it seem as if we were giving up too much. I completely agree that trading for Hamels would be right move for our franchise, but that's only because I don't believe we are poised to win at the moment and 1 pitcher isn't going to change that. But from a pure value/talent standpoint I don't think the package in the OP would get us Hamels and isn't even close to too much.

If the Sox were in a state where they were 1 move away from competing, I'd definitely make that move. But yes, with the holes on the team right now, the state of the team, and the direction it's headed, it's too much (or too far off) from what the Sox could logistically offer. In that sense, it's way too much to give up for Hamels.