Sox/Cubs rank in bottom 5 for local TV ratings

southsider2k5

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 1, 2014 -> 12:10 AM)
This is where I'm at. There just aren't a lot of "real" Sox fans. As far as bandwagon/fair weather, most fan bases are like that. Win and more people show up, lose and attendance dwindles. It's not anything that only Sox fans do.

When they are good, you get the bandwagoners/casual fans out. Even so, IMO most "casual" baseball fans are Cubs fans anyway. There aren't a ton to pull from.

In the mean time, you only get the hard core fans out, and there simply aren't enough of them to fill up a park for 81 games. And obviously they'll go to more games when they are good, so that makes attendance spike even more.

while I respect you and those who replied, I disagree. the reason is baseball as a whole will price

themselves out of the hard core fans. the children and young adults. I remember bill veeck said

he wanted to have the sox for the family environment. Didn't JR also said he was a baseball fan

from the time his family took him to see baseball games.

with local tv being available and the price of going to the game is sooo darn much, why go to the

game?

I was a season thicket holder for 7 yrs until I moved in 96. I had 5 thickets.