Ritchie at 3 mill a year

Chisoxfn

Basically if the Sox bring Ritchie back it will cost them 3 million.

Am I the only one that thinks the Sox would be better off signing Daal and Valdes and letting Ritchie go at 3 million?

They'd get a lefty and righty, both that are decent and wouldn't cost much at all.

I'd take Valdes.

Daal, I don't know. Maybe give him a shot, but the guy would always complain that he wants to be a starter and then go out and be bad.

BTW - AM 1000 is reporting that the Sox are about to sign Ritchie to a one year deal.

I WANT A PITCHER!!!

DAMN BRAVES!!!

We all know that Ritchie had a bad year. We could blame it on his elbow, or not being used to the offense in the American League, but no one knows what to blame other than Todd himself. I think if Ritchie will come back this year, and preform up to his expectations.

Originally posted by WSFAN35

We all know that Ritchie had a bad year.  We could blame it on his elbow, or not being used to the offense in the American League, but no one knows what to blame other than Todd himself.  I think if Ritchie will come back this year, and preform up to his expectations.

we could blame in on the fact that outside of one 15 win season todd ritchie has been one of the worst starting pitchers in all of baseball..

3 million for ritchie??...im gonna be sick

Now that I look at it, why even get Daal, he is nothing to speak of, actually, he is s***ty. Ritchie is better then Valdes, I do not want Valdes, he is a piece of s***. We blew it already. Sitting on our asses watching guys like Glavine, Hampton, Ortiz, Byrd, Colon, Vazquez slip away. We suck

We all know that Ritchie had a bad year.  We could blame it on his elbow, or not being used to the offense in the American League, but no one knows what to blame other than Todd himself.  I think if Ritchie will come back this year, and preform up to his expectations.

I definately think Ritchie is a better pitcher then last year, but if money is such an issue with the Sox, I would rather have 2 starters then just Ritchie. Of course, maybe I'm wrong and thats not how it will end up.

Originally posted by kruzer31

Now that I look at it, why even get Daal, he is nothing to speak of, actually, he is s***ty. Ritchie is better then Valdes, I do not want Valdes, he is a piece of s***. We blew it already. Sitting on our asses watching guys like Glavine, Hampton, Ortiz, Byrd, Colon, Vazquez slip away. We suck

Colon and Vazquez aren't gone yet.

Isn't Brian Anderson a free agent? He's got a ring and is a decent lefty....and he'll be cheaper than Daal. Give him a shot....it'd be worth it. The least it could do was just help us eliminate one more person from the starting rotation, being him.

I think he would be a wise move...he's a lefty, he's got playoff experience(and he should have won that game too....lost 2-1 if I remember correctly), and he'll be cheap...nothing wrong with any of the above...and I forgot to mention that he is a decent pitcher too. I think he would help us in the long run.

And if Ritchie does in fact come back at $3 million, I'm gonna be pissed....I want Rauch in the rotation, not Ritchie. What the f*** KW is thinking if he resigns Ritchie at $3 mill is way beyond my knowledge...I'd rather have Parque at $500,000...atleast he is left-handed and is cheaper. And he's had success in the major leagues in the AL.

Anderson is out their. I like him more then Daal too.

I wouldn't mind just picking up 2 starters from the bottom end of the pile and just seeing what happens. You can always deal them later in the year if needed.

Of course, I'll still hold out we can get a good guy via trade.

Robert Person is still out their too (LDF pointed this out)

Brian Anderson and Robert Person would cost us, preferably, about $3 million, or in other words, Todd Ritchie's salary. Give them a guarenteed $500,000 and then with incentives a possible $1.5 million. And if Person doesn't work out, we got Rauch....and if Anderson doesn't work out, we got Biddle or Porzio or someone else...maybe we use Josh Stewart.

One thing I know is that Arnie Munoz should be trying to be able to pitch longer...he could be a kick-ass starter for us in the future, if that curve-ball is truly like Zito's....and he's got a good fastball. If he learned a slider or something like that, he could be a real good starter for us...could you imagine a rotation with Buehrle, Malone and Munoz? That is 3, count them, 3 kick-ass lefties...along with two of Honel, Garland, Diaz and Rauch....that is possibly 7 real good starters for us in the future.

Ouch.....

todd ritchie...42-50 4.65 era..

brian anderson 61 -58 4.72 era...both have pitched the majority of their career in the NL...so if you add a half a run or so to their era's to adjust for pitching in the AL both would have a career era over 5..

omar daal's number..while nothing special are a little better...64 -67 4.40..the difference between these guys is over the last 2 seasons...

anderson' s record is 10-20 with an era of 5.00..thats a 33% winning pct on arizona

ritchie's record..16 -30 with an era well over 5.00

daal's record..24 -16 with an era around 4.15...

seriously how can anyone like anderson or ritchie over omar daal???..daal's career seems to be defined over one season where he lost 19 games...but to me it shows a lot of heart and character for him to rebound with the numbers he has put after that 19 loss season..he has won at a 60% clip since..look what one down did to jose lima???

get omar daal ..if we arnt going after him we would be better off lettin g ritchie go and picking up james baldwin for a million bucks or so..atleast james brings leadership with him...

Well, I think if we dump Ritchie we need to pick up two guys, and then we at least have some seasoned veterans in the rotation.

This way Rauch can ease his way in eventually and their is less pressure on the younger guys like Wright and Garland.

We just need some inning eaters that will do a decent job, unless we are going for an ace.

Originally posted by baggio202

we could blame in on the fact that outside of one 15 win season todd ritchie has been one of the worst starting pitchers in all of baseball..

3 million for ritchie??...im gonna be sick

I'm going to be sick and bitter too. Business is really lousy. I'm a lot better at what I do than Ritchie is at what he does. All you Sox fans out there, don't be the least bit surprised if Ritchie does a repeat or only improves slightly in 03. s***, when that guy pitches give ME a bat!

brian anderson 61 -58  4.72 era...both have pitched the majority of their career in the NL...so if you add a half a run or so to their era's to adjust for pitching in the AL both would have a career era over 5..

omar daal's number..while nothing special are a little better...64 -67  4.40..the difference between these guys is over the last 2 seasons... 

anderson' s record is 10-20 with an era of 5.00..thats a 33% winning pct on arizona

seriously how can anyone like anderson or ritchie over omar daal???..daal's career seems to be defined over one season where he lost 19 games...but to me it shows a lot of heart and character for him to rebound with the numbers he has put after that 19 loss season..he has won at a 60% clip since..look what one down did to jose lima???

get omar daal ..if we arnt going after him we would be better off lettin g ritchie go and picking up james baldwin for a million bucks or so..atleast james brings leadership with him...

Statistically speaking, Daal is better...but who would you rather have, Daal, who is looking for $3 million a year over 3 years or Brian Anderson, who is probably just looking for maybe a $1 million salary? That's where I think he is better...sure he may be on a downward spiral which will eventually end in retirement. But he would be a cheaper option and if he sucks, then we release him...simple as that.

I'd take JB back....just another voice in the clubhouse that could make the team better...and he'd be cheap. If he could come here and throw up a 12-10 season with a 4.50 ERA, I'd be very happy....because he is making clubhouse chemistry much better....

The again, baggs, wasn't JB one of your favorites? LOL :D

Originally posted by witesoxfan

brian anderson 61 -58  4.72 era...both have pitched the majority of their career in the NL...so if you add a half a run or so to their era's to adjust for pitching in the AL both would have a career era over 5..

omar daal's number..while nothing special are a little better...64 -67  4.40..the difference between these guys is over the last 2 seasons... 

Statistically speaking, Daal is better...but who would you rather have, Daal, who is looking for $3 million a year over 3 years or Brian Anderson, who is probably just looking for maybe a $1 million salary? That's where I think he is better...sure he may be on a downward spiral which will eventually end in retirement. But he would be a cheaper option and if he sucks, then we release him...simple as that.

I'd take JB back....just another voice in the clubhouse that could make the team better...and he'd be cheap. If he could come here and throw up a 12-10 season with a 4.50 ERA, I'd be very happy....because he is making clubhouse chemistry much better....

The again, baggs, wasn't JB one of your favorites? LOL :D

the difference between JB and ritchie / anderson is that while JB era sux...he is number 10 all time on the sox in winning pct with pitchers over 1000 IP for us...JB was a winner here...something he hasnt seemed to be able to repeat in LA or seattle...why is that i dont know but he won here so to me that should warrant another chance before id go with guys like anderson or ritchie...

yeah JB was one of my favorites...the afro, the slow walk off the mound , the shaving cream pie he reciever from sean lowe while doing an interview , the 70's jackson music in the clubhouse...soemthing about JB made him a perfect fit for this team..that didnt seem to work on the left coast

Guest hotsoxchick1

ritchie was signed today... not sure if you all knew it or not... and on another note.. while the pen was to paper with ritchie ... pband j parque was shown the door.........