New Privacy/Property Rights Territory

cabiness42

It's also going to be an issue with paparazzi photogs and what are their rights to fly them over celebrity weddings and the like to get photos/videos?

Not only is there the spying/privacy issue, one can imagine the next set of "celeb sex videos" coming with accompanying claims that "they were droned" from outside their window.

So there's going to have to be a negotiation about "air rights" and how far above a house is a reasonable standard of height...just like we have international waters/flight zones for airlines.

The problem is let's say it's 50 feet or 75 or 100 feet over a house, how in God's name are you going to prove you're in the right or the wrong if you shoot it down? Are we going to have 3D/holographic grids with lasers projected above our houses or some type of electromagnetic jammers/EMP's that would knock the drones out the sky once they flew too low over a house?

If you start doing that, what's the odds you also interfere with a helicopter or low flying commercial aircraft on a landing run...not just a weather helicopter, perhaps, but also police helicopters, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

I don't believe we can have people shooting down drones, that's crazy and unsafe almost everywhere. Instead we will start down ways of tracking drones and identifying where they fly, etc. Lots of government regulations, etc.

I'd like to here a small government solution.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
I don't believe we can have people shooting down drones, that's crazy and unsafe almost everywhere. Instead we will start down ways of tracking drones and identifying where they fly, etc. Lots of government regulations, etc.

I'd like to here a small government solution.

How will they identify stolen/rogue/ill-intentioned drones from the "good" or seemingly harmless ones?

Basically the same issues as handguns, albeit even more difficult to track...do we have radar all across the US in less densely-populated areas capable of tracking them effectively?

How much would that cost? Seems prohibitively expensive, and if you take the FAA or air traffic control people and mix in drones with their work...or retask the military to it, you're wasting lots of money/valuable resources.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
How will they identify stolen/rogue/ill-intentioned drones from the "good" or seemingly harmless ones?

Basically the same issues as handguns, albeit even more difficult to track...do we have radar all across the US in less densely-populated areas capable of tracking them effectively?

How much would that cost? Seems prohibitively expensive, and if you take the FAA or air traffic control people and mix in drones with their work...or retask the military to it, you're wasting lots of money/valuable resources.

Exactly. Which is why I said earlier, people will get rich off of this. New technology, etc. Or perhaps ban them. Either way the government is getting involved, I do not see a private industry initiative to fix this.