Flash unavailable

winninguglyin83

it appears that Flash Gordon left the team after last night's game to return to Florida for the funeral of an uncle. He'll definitely miss today's game and maybe Sunday, too.

Thoughts and prayers with Flash and his family.

He is also negotiating a possible contract extension with KW. Sox trying to get it done before the end of the season. As reported earlier, Tampa is probably going to make a run at him, appealing to his desire to stay closer to home and his four children year round.

seems like a strange time to be talking about contracts with Gordon, Robbie and Bartolo, but that appears to be what is going on.

1st off, my condolences go out to the Gordon family.

2nd, its nice to see KW trying to keep this team together.

Agreed on both points.

Hopefully, the Sox bats will wake up and Bart will go deep into today's game to rest the bullpen that was needed WAY too much last night.

Again, condolences to Tom Gordon and his family.

seems like a strange time to be talking about contracts with Gordon, Robbie and Bartolo, but that appears to be what is going on.

I disagree, I like that KW is trying to get everyone's confidence up by saying that they WANT them to be here next year.

I just hope they sign robbie, he's been a huge part of this team