Comcast Sports Net Games are the Best

bmags

Because we have had a lot of exciting plays this year and I'm sure we are watching more than last years unwatchable mess.

Wanted to point out that CSN games are the best. Aside from it being really hard to watch games without pitchtracker, the production value of their games are fantastic. I am ignorant of who produces what, and if the same group produces across WGN to the U to CSN, but the in the moment cuts during hits to base runners and outfielders/infielders have been amazing.

Add to that there have been a bunch of tremendous shots they've cut to mid hit of long views of outfielders chasing a ball to show how far they have to run.

Kudos, CSN

QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
Because we have had a lot of exciting plays this year and I'm sure we are watching more than last years unwatchable mess.

Wanted to point out that CSN games are the best. Aside from it being really hard to watch games without pitchtracker, the production value of their games are fantastic. I am ignorant of who produces what, and if the same group produces across WGN to the U to CSN, but the in the moment cuts during hits to base runners and outfielders/infielders have been amazing.

Add to that there have been a bunch of tremendous shots they've cut to mid hit of long views of outfielders chasing a ball to show how far they have to run.

Kudos, CSN

Interesting observation since it's the same producer/director (Jim Angio, who has been producing White Sox games since the days Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall were in the booth on good, 'ol Channel 44) responsible for telecasts for both stations.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
Things I don't care about: carrying water for the rebranding of the U

There wasn't a rebranding. The games moved!

WGN was buying time on WCIU, Channel 26. A Weigel Broadcasting Station.

WGN NOW buys time on WPWR, Channel 50, a FOX Television Station.

So you are telling me there is a network called the U and a network called METV and they pass sox game right sback and forth?

I'm going to stick a qtip in my ear to forget that I thought about this.

So you are telling me there is a network called the U and a network called METV and they pass sox game right sback and forth?

There isn't a network called 'The U'. That's the nickname of an Independent TV station, Channel 26 WCIU-TV, which aired Sox games from 2000 thru 2014. The amount was 25 games per season. WGN Sports could not air those Sox games on Channel 9 WGN-TV (and therefore 'WGN America') due to programming conflicts with 'The WB' Network, which became 'The CW' Network in 2006.

WGN Sports telecasts on WCIU-TV were originally branded as 'Sox Net', and later as 'WGN Sports on 'The U''. Because the games were not shown on 'WGN America', telecasts were syndicated to TV stations in Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana. I believe affiliates were required to pick-up 25 Sox games and 8 Cubs games as a package.

The White Sox never aired on 'Me TV' in Chicago. That's a different network which sounds similar to 'my network TV', which is the current network of Channel 50 WPWR-TV.