Top 15 Free Agents Next Year...

Lip Man 1

A bunch of 30+ year olds.  Hahn already whiffed on the best two young players available this past offseason.  And now that Moncada is at 3B with Madrigal due to take over at 2B soon, Rendon makes no sense.  I also doubt the Sox throw big money at JD Martinez to DH with Collins in the minors.

Edited by Harper2Sox

52 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

A bunch of 30+ year olds.  Hahn already whiffed on the best two young players available this past offseason.  And now that Moncada is at 3B with Madrigal due to take over at 2B soon, Rendon makes no sense.  I also doubt the Sox throw big money at JD Martinez to DH with Collins in the minors.

I see the Sox signing three mid tier guys this offseason similar to the LaRoche/Melky/Robertson signings back in 2015. Something like Puig/Wood/Wacha makes sense. 

The Sox are going to have to develop their own Harper and Machado's internally. 

17 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I see the Sox signing three mid tier guys this offseason similar to the LaRoche/Melky/Robertson signings back in 2015. Something like Puig/Wood/Wacha makes sense. 

The Sox are going to have to develop their own Harper and Machado's internally. 

Worked great that time, so let's do it again.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Worked great that time, so let's do it again.

What other choice do they have if they aren't going to pay for premium talent? It is either grow this thing internally with a super low payroll or fill in the gaps with mid-tier free agents.

I liked the idea of wacha but the juiced ball this year has really torched him and who knows if they change the ball again. Still love his fastball/changeup combo, but I don't know if his command is what it was as he is just getting destroyed on a bunch of pitches in the middle of the zone.