White sox prospects podcast update 12/12/20: dalquist interview

Dominikk85

Not sure who that guy is but he has a several times per week prospect podcast.

Here is Stuff about the sox system.some interesting info, he seems to have stiever ahead of kopech which is kinda strange though.

Part 1

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/farm-system-rundown-chicago-white-sox-part-1/id1525225214?i=1000500861174

Part 2

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/farm-system-rundown-chicago-white-sox-part-2/id1525225214?i=1000501041449

Edited by Dominikk85

That was an excellent listen.  This guy clearly knows his stuff.

Also he noted that Kopech is above Stiever in his ranking but he wanted to talk about Stiever first and more because he is more of an unknown.

His ranking of the top 4: 1) Vaughn 2) Crochet 3) Kopech 4) Stiever.  He also seems to rank the next 3 pitchers in the order of Kelly, then Dalquist due to polish, then Thompson who has a very high ceiling but has a lot of work to do.  

I love Stiever as a prospect and it's nice to see him get some more love.  Law had Stiever I believe 5th or 6th, very highly rated also.  There is a reason for it, even though fake insiders like Dipshit Beefstick etc. think he's not even a quality piece in a trade, and know-nothing posters here would give him up apparently for a bag of balls.  This is definitely a guy to hold onto at least a bit longer.  As this prospect host details, there is a lot to like about Stiever and he is one of these guys on a fast upward trajectory.  You don't want to give a guy away right in the middle of his rapid growth period.  It's far better to let that growth continue until it appears to stop, and then judge what you have then at that point.

I also love the ranking of Crochet so high.  It's really hard to disagree with that after seeing him.  This prospect guy goes into a lot of detail on Crochet as well.

Also on Sheets, he gives a bit of info there as well.  Sounds like he has a lot to work one to really be considered a quality prospect.  And no mention of Madrigal in there.  Yep this guy sounds legit to me.

Great listen IMO.

I think he didn't mention madrigal because he considers him graduated out of prospect ranks.

I agree he is a good listen. They said he also is a minor league play by play commentator and he really went off on manfred and the milb contraction and thinks the new draft league is a joke with no top college players going there.

It was f

On 12/6/2020 at 10:08 AM, YourWhatHurts said:

That was an excellent listen.  This guy clearly knows his stuff.

Also he noted that Kopech is above Stiever in his ranking but he wanted to talk about Stiever first and more because he is more of an unknown.

His ranking of the top 4: 1) Vaughn 2) Crochet 3) Kopech 4) Stiever.  He also seems to rank the next 3 pitchers in the order of Kelly, then Dalquist due to polish, then Thompson who has a very high ceiling but has a lot of work to do.  

I love Stiever as a prospect and it's nice to see him get some more love.  Law had Stiever I believe 5th or 6th, very highly rated also.  There is a reason for it, even though fake insiders like Dipshit Beefstick etc. think he's not even a quality piece in a trade, and know-nothing posters here would give him up apparently for a bag of balls.  This is definitely a guy to hold onto at least a bit longer.  As this prospect host details, there is a lot to like about Stiever and he is one of these guys on a fast upward trajectory.  You don't want to give a guy away right in the middle of his rapid growth period.  It's far better to let that growth continue until it appears to stop, and then judge what you have then at that point.

I also love the ranking of Crochet so high.  It's really hard to disagree with that after seeing him.  This prospect guy goes into a lot of detail on Crochet as well.

Also on Sheets, he gives a bit of info there as well.  Sounds like he has a lot to work one to really be considered a quality prospect.  And no mention of Madrigal in there.  Yep this guy sounds legit to me.

Great listen IMO.

It was fun to hear him gush about Crochet...the idea that we could have a lefty/righty combo of Crochet/Kopech that each has stuff as good as Sale??  I also think the reason the Sox traded Dunning is because they think Stiever is Dunning but younger with better stuff. The future is bright.