Question on Postseason Tickets

ScootsMcGoots

Sox are obviously clinching the division,  and I'm looking to go to my first ever postseason game this year. For those who have had experience and/or knowledge with this, I have a few questions...

1) From what I remember, season ticket holders are offered tickets first and then they are released to the public. Am I right with this?

2) How do you buy tickets as a non- season ticket holder, or, what is the best way? Through the Sox website? Stubhub? Other?

3) I know they are expensive, and probably get more expensive the deeper the team gets into October, but how expensive we talking for like bleacher seats or upper deck seats?

Any other helpful information is greatly appreciated!

Yes, season ticket holders get first access starting with full season holders and then partial season ticket holders (40 and 20 game plans)

The White Sox will then announce a specific date and time that tickets go on sale to the public. Use a computer as opposed to a phone (faster) and try to get multiple family/friends trying, as they go fast. Also, not sure if they still sell tickets over the phone for postseason but worth a shot doing phone and computer at same time if they do. 

After they are sold out you will have plenty available on the aftermarket sites. Like you said these will be well over face value.

Not sure what pricing will look like as it's been over a decade. I can look up what other teams have been going for in recent years which may give a decent ballpark estimate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yes, season ticket holders get first access starting with full season holders and then partial season ticket holders (40 and 20 game plans)

The White Sox will then announce a specific date and time that tickets go on sale to the public. Use a computer as opposed to a phone (faster) and try to get multiple family/friends trying, as they go fast. Also, not sure if they still sell tickets over the phone for postseason but worth a shot doing phone and computer at same time if they do. 

After they are sold out you will have plenty available on the aftermarket sites. Like you said these will be well over face value.

Not sure what pricing will look like as it's been over a decade. I can look up what other teams have been going for in recent years which may give a decent ballpark estimate.

Thanks so much! I'll check too and see. Also that may be the most literal figurative translation of "ballpark estimate" I've ever read.

In 1983, we stayed over night and bought standing room only tickets, the best available by the time we reached, for $6 each.

Between being in my 20s, and boycotting the new park, I didn't go in 1993 or 2000.

In 2005, I saw every game but one in the lower bowl (the outlier, and upper deck seat).

• Tickets were $75-$100 for good lower bowl seats vs. Boston via Stubhub.
  • They were $75 for the UD seat, and $125-$150 (can't remember) for the Angels games via Stubhub.
  • The Sox announced World Series tickets were available if you bought a full 2006 package, so I bought a pair. Face value for the bleacher tickets I got for the World Series were $180 each. I believe scalped tickets were in the $600-$1000 range on Stubhub for decent seats.

I'd expect the cost to be double at this point with inflation for the first two rounds on Stubhub ($150-$250). WS Face Value will likely be in the $400-$500 range, I'd say scalped depending on the opponent will be $800-$1,000ish on the low end (San Diego, Atlanta, Milwaukee), $1,200 for a mid range (San Francisco, Philadelphia, Saint Louis) or $1,500-$2,000 for top market opponent (LA or NYM).

world-series-2010-2020-4.png?width=719&n

If you have a full 81 game ticket package, you'll get one WS for each seat, but not necessarily the same seat as your season tickets. Partial plans get partial tickets.

Here

Hope this helps.

• Love 1