Cease leaves game after comebacker hits pitching arm

South Side Hit Men

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hates on Lynn and Grandal. Amazing.

Lynn has been "morbidly obese" his entire career.

Never "hated" on either, just questioned the contracts and Lynn's prior comments and his commitment to staying healthy, don't want another part time player sucking up $18M for multi-years.

Lynn had his weight under control when he actually gave a shit about it in Saint Louis. Doesn't seem to give a shit anymore on that front, consistent with his statements of literally not giving a shit about the Tampa series and yesterday's game. I rather have athletes who "give a shit".

https://www.truexsportsinsider.com/als-finest-pitcher-lance-lynn-continues-to-bear-too-heavy-a-load/ 

He’s 6-foot-5 and reportedly weighs 280 pounds.  I’ll take the over on that.

Lynn knows he has a problem.  Six years ago he admitted that his knees, back and hips were aching, and he realized they were strained by an overload of 50 pounds.  So he hired a chef to come into his home and teach him and his wife how to use herbs, garlic, olive oil and ginger and other spices to prepare dishes that are both nutritious and flavorful.  

Lynn gave up pizza and beer.  He avoided alcoholic cocktails other than vodka-and-water.  The changes worked.  Within months he had slimmed to 239 pounds. But he failed to sustain that level for long.  He attributed the backsliding to eating on the road, where he didn’t have his customized menus.  So he gradually abandoned his commitment to health.

Lynn admits his lack of conditioning limits his stamina. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Never "hated" on either, just questioned the contracts and Lynn's prior comments and his commitment to staying healthy, don't want another part time player sucking up $18M for multi-years.

Lynn had his weight under control when he actually gave a shit about it in Saint Louis. Doesn't seem to give a shit anymore on that front, consistent with his statements of literally not giving a shit about the Tampa series and yesterday's game. I rather have athletes who "give a shit".

https://www.truexsportsinsider.com/als-finest-pitcher-lance-lynn-continues-to-bear-too-heavy-a-load/ 

Yes, we all understand that you think all catchers are "part time" players because they don't catch every single game.

Why would Lynn give a shit about a game that had no meaning? The team clinched and could not improve their seed. It might as well have been a warm-up exhibition game to prepare for the playoffs.

Sal Perez played 153 games and was worth less than Grandal who played 83. lol

As for your article, it says the following:

" What annoys me about Lynn is that whether he wants to be or not, he’s a role model.  I used to tell my son that if he wants to be an athlete he must eat right.  I wonder how many 12-year-olds see Lance Lynn as proof that it’s OK to stuff your face with everything you find.  If Lynn can’t control his weight at 34, what are the odds he does it at 50?  That’s why I mention John McSherry.  The clock is ticking. "

Maybe parents should work on being better parents? I can't listen to any clown who says an athlete should be a certain way to help teach other peoples kids how to act.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

35 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, we all understand that you think all catchers are "part time" players because they don't catch every single game.

Why would Lynn give a shit about a game that had no meaning? The team clinched and could not improve their seed. It might as well have been a warm-up exhibition game to prepare for the playoffs.

Sal Perez played 153 games and was worth less than Grandal who played 83. lol

We understand you have make up shit that isn't accurate. People crowed about 120 games, I stated catching 3 of 5 + starts (96 +) is a regular catcher (96+ games), Grandal hasn't reached that either season. And part time player extends to others Hahn signed the past two years, including Eaton, who has been crippled for years. Parrot also was worthless, a combined $20M down the drain. And then you have $36M more tied up in two older relievers if they pick up Kimbrel's option.

Tampa actually gave a shit about their games with the White Sox. Lucas gave a shit about games against Tampa. I'd wager nearly everyone gave a shit about the Tampa Series. Well except Lance Lynn and perhaps Tony, who primarily gives a shit about unwritten rules and beanballs.

Lucas was a dominant Ace last playoffs, and he is physically and mentally prepared to be an Ace pitcher. Lance Lynn was never considered an Ace, the Yankees didn't bother to start him the last year he was on a post season roster, and his playoff ERA is just under 5.00 (4.80).

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

We understand you have make up shit that isn't accurate. People crowed about 120 games, I stated catching 3 of 5 + starts (96 +) is a regular catcher (96+ games), Grandal hasn't reached that either season. And part time player extends to others Hahn signed the past two years, including Eaton, who has been crippled for years. Parrot also was worthless, a combined $20M down the drain. And then you have $36M more tied up in two older relievers if they pick up Kimbrel's option.

Tampa actually gave a shit about their games with the White Sox. Lucas gave a shit about games against Tampa. I'd wager nearly everyone gave a shit about the Tampa Series. Well except Lance Lynn and perhaps Tony, who primarily gives a shit about unwritten rules and beanballs.

Lucas was a dominant Ace last playoffs, and he is physically and mentally prepared to be an Ace pitcher. Lance Lynn was never considered an Ace, the Yankees didn't bother to start him the last year he was on a post season roster, and his playoff ERA is just under 5.00 (4.80).

Yes, let's compare Yankees Lynn to current Lynn. Nothing has changed since then. Great point