Oakland....

DABearSoX

I just want to point out, if we do get to the offseason I do not want to see this team, especially if they have home field advantage....is there some titty bar in oakland that our team just can't get enough of or something.....i would rather play the yanks in the stadium rather then oakland at thier place with the way we play at that place

Well if we make it to the off-season we won't have to worry about facing Oakland.  :P  :P  :D

:bang

I'd also like to know what the problem is on the left coast. This team absolutely falls asleep out there.

I really thought this was going to be a break out trip. I had visions of them hitting the ground running after the All Star snubs.

I guess it's just one game, but I didn't like what I saw. Let's hope we can get it together tonight becasue the Sox O looked flat in game 1.

I really thought this was going to be a break out trip.  I had visions of them hitting the ground running after the All Star snubs. 

I guess it's just one game, but I didn't like what I saw.  Let's hope we can get it together tonight becasue the Sox O looked flat in game 1.

I'm sure Ozzie had some choice words for the guys.

I really thought this was going to be a break out trip.  I had visions of them hitting the ground running after the All Star snubs. 

I guess it's just one game, but I didn't like what I saw.  Let's hope we can get it together tonight becasue the Sox O looked flat in game 1.

I think they'll be fine the rest of this series. I think they'll win the next two and lose on sunday.

7 of the first 9 batters made outs on the first or second pitch, that's 13 pitches for 7 outs against a guy who had walked 6 in his last start and btw, both GIDP's came on the 3rd pitch and after finally getting to him in the 7th, only being down 2 runs, and him working on the longest start of his career, they let him off the hook with a 9 pitch 8th inning.

That's a terrible approach to have on the road but in Oakland to boot............simply awful.

Heh, they won't go anywhere until this left coast trip is over.

I think it has less to do with where the game is than the pitchers they are facing. I'm not going nuts yet. It may be a problem if we face them in the playoffs, but considering we got medicore at best starts from Garland and Buehrle and our offense in not hitting well right now, I'm not ready to jump yet. I'll be really interested to see how Garcia and Loaiza do. I think Garcia will be fine, and I'm hoping E-Lo steps it up. That would ease a lot of my concerns.