ILLINI

xavier played a tough non-conference schedule (stanford, purdue, cincinnati, miss st., creighton, alabama) plus they had teams like st. joe's (7 seed) and dayton (4 seed) in their own conference to contend with. don't go s***ting on xavier, a team you know nothing about, because illinois isn't a 3. if you are so confident they can beat the powerhouses like missouri and unc then it should be no problem regardless of their seed.

you obviously know more than any expert at espn becuz u are the only one that thinks the illini deserved a 4 seed. in that case, let me bow down to you...ya, right...u obviously don't know s*** if you think illinois deserved a 4 after what they just did.

what did they just do? beat indiana and ohio state? a 7 seed and a team that's not even in the tourney? WOW. I said Xavier is justified with a 3 seed. I never said Illinois deserved a #4 seed. I said if they are so good then seeding shouldn't matter. They went 11-5 in a very weak Big 10 this year. Then you say the Big East was weak, ha. There are at least 3 and maybe 5 teams in the Big East that could beat Illinois. I say the 4 is generous considering UConn got a 5 and they would destroy U of I.

3-5 teams my asshole, you've got to be kidding me. Just cuz the Big Ten isn't great doesn't mean the illini aren't great either. And the Big East and s***, there are plenty of cupcakes in there too. Uconn would kill the illini? Please buddy. Pitt is damn good, but i'll take my chances againt UConn and Syracuse, and anybody else can go to hell. I'd say the Uconn and Syracuse games would be toss ups

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Uconn Syracuse and Pitt would all beat the Illini. The one exception could be Syracuse. I think Illinois would have a good shot in the game.

I'd say Notre Dame would have a shot too, but its tough considering they are slumping. They did prove they could beat a lot of good teams though.

I think Uconn Syracuse and Pitt would all beat the Illini.  The one exception could be Syracuse.  I think Illinois would have a good shot in the game.

I'd say Notre Dame would have a shot too, but its tough considering they are slumping.  They did prove they could beat a lot of good teams though.

I think we both know that KochThis knows nothing, he is a homer that won't stop crying and look at the facts. Notre Dame beat Marquette, Maryland and Texas in the same week. They could take Illinois.

I think Uconn Syracuse and Pitt would all beat the Illini.  The one exception could be Syracuse.  I think Illinois would have a good shot in the game.

I'd say Notre Dame would have a shot too, but its tough considering they are slumping.  They did prove they could beat a lot of good teams though.

I think we both know that KochThis knows nothing, he is a homer that won't stop crying and look at the facts. Notre Dame beat Marquette, Maryland and Texas in the same week. They could take Illinois.

Well part of college sports is being an absolute homer, well if you have school spirit. Then you could be like me who doesn't give a damn about its schools teams, other then the baseball one.

But I THINK the Hawkeyes are going to win the NIT. I think the Illini are a very talented team and can go far, but I look at the other seeds, and they may be smaller names, but they all earned there slot. If Illinois is going to win it all, then they'll do it no matter who they are playing, otherwise, they just aren't the best, but they are pretty good, but they've also been quite the dissapointment, imo.

I think Uconn Syracuse and Pitt would all beat the Illini.  The one exception could be Syracuse.  I think Illinois would have a good shot in the game.

I'd say Notre Dame would have a shot too, but its tough considering they are slumping.  They did prove they could beat a lot of good teams though.

Well we all know Spiff is an assclown, as he hasn't noticed Notre Dame's complete collapse at the end of the season. Hey Spiff, be prepared to eat a ton of s*** after Illinois beats ND in the 2nd round, providing ND doesn't get beat first, which could easily happen against milwaukee. Notre Dame is one of the coldest teams right now, and we are one of the hottest. Right now, would ND beat texas? or maryland? that's a strong hell no, and you damn well know it. Illinois will dominate ND with our inside game. Just wait buddy.

By the way who is ur team buddy?

Hey assclown, how did ND do in the Big East conference tournament? OOPS, THEY f***ING LOST TO ST. JOHN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD CALL BUDDY!!! :puke :puke :puke :puke

Well we all know Spiff is an assclown, as he hasn't noticed Notre Dame's complete collapse at the end of the season. Hey Spiff, be prepared to eat a ton of s*** after Illinois beats ND in the 2nd round, providing ND doesn't get beat first, which could easily happen against milwaukee. Notre Dame is one of the coldest teams right now, and we are one of the hottest. Right now, would ND beat texas? or maryland? that's a strong hell no, and you damn well know it. Illinois will dominate ND with our inside game. Just wait buddy.

oh i don't follow college basketball, i don't have a team.

nice to see you getting all worked up though, buddy.

Nice to see you've lost the argument buddy

I'd say Spiff buried ya by using facts. All you've been able to do is talk up Illinois by putting other teams down. I gotta get outta here before I overdose on all this horses***.

I'd say Spiff buried ya by using facts. All you've been able to do is talk up Illinois by putting other teams down. I gotta get outta here before I overdose on all this horses***.

My ass he has...he just said that 5 teams could beat illinois out of the big east, but not by using facts, however i brought up the point that nd has collapsed down the stretch and were 1 and done in the big east tournament, which is pathetic. in the meantime, we won. notice how he had not response to that. thanks for playing

I agree that Illinois should have been a 3 seed. They went into the tourney on a roll, which is supposed to be one of the criteria used by the SC. That having been said, with the Illini having 3 freshmen in their starting lineup, they have the potential to do a quick el foldo. In fact, they may just have a hard time getting by WKU. They come in on a 12 game winning streak. They also have overcome some adversity early in the year and have proven their resilience. I'm not predicting an upset, but don't think the Illini have a sure ticket to the 2nd round.

My ass he has...he just said that 5 teams could beat illinois out of the big east, but not by using facts, however i brought up the point that nd has collapsed down the stretch and were 1 and done in the big east tournament, which is pathetic. in the meantime, we won. notice how he had not response to that. thanks for playing

Big deal, they lost a great game to a St. Johns team (in a home game in NY) that after an up & down season, went on a bit of a tear the end of the season...4-0 over a 10 day period, with wins over both Duke & ND. ND has played like crap down the stretch, but were rewarded for the tough schedule they played. They could easily have another 4-5 wins if they played Illinois' soft schedule. They are a 4 seed...deal with it. :rolleyes:

xavier played a tough non-conference schedule (stanford, purdue, cincinnati, miss st., creighton, alabama) plus they had teams like st. joe's (7 seed) and dayton (4 seed) in their own conference to contend with. don't go s***ting on xavier, a team you know nothing about, because illinois isn't a 3. if you are so confident they can beat the powerhouses like missouri and unc then it should be no problem regardless of their seed.

you obviously know more than any expert at espn becuz u are the only one that thinks the illini deserved a 4 seed. in that case, let me bow down to you...ya, right...u obviously don't know s*** if you think illinois deserved a 4 after what they just did.

Illinois barely deserves that 4-seed and probably got it because they won their conference tourney.

My ass he has...he just said that 5 teams could beat illinois out of the big east, but not by using facts, however i brought up the point that nd has collapsed down the stretch and were 1 and done in the big east tournament, which is pathetic. in the meantime, we won.  notice how he had not response to that. thanks for playing

Arizona lost their first game in the Pac-10, are you gonna argue they don't deserve that #1?

Probably better that ND does lose because it gives them a week or so to rest instead of getting beat up. You're school spirit is admirable, but in the light of facts... It just doesn't hold up. Illinois is NOT that good.

I am no Illini fan, to be sure.

Illinois was seeded just fine. They lost their next to last regular season game, were not regular season conference champs, and won the tournament.

Any team could beat Illinois this year except for Michigan and we'll look to that nxxt season.

But this obsession with seedings is almost cubs-like as they argue they have the best rotation in baseball. What matters is the game played, not how you argue before the games are played.

Illinois fans are complaining its bracket is too tough? What bracket did they want, IHSA Class A?

Each bracket has top teams. And Illinois at a 4 plays a 13. So if they had been seeded a 3 they would have played a 14. So what is the huge difference here? That they might have to play a team seeded above them at some point? Well get real. Of course they have to. If one reallly has faith in one's team, you say, bring it on, we'll beat you all, not that we are better than everyone else but boo hoo we have such a tough bracket.

One team will win 6 games. No one else will. To win 6 games, you have to take on all comers. Luck may have its way - certainly Illinois got lucky in playing a lousy OSU team for the tournament title rather than Wisconsin. Maybe they will get lucky in the NCAAs. Maybe they will have to earn it. But whatever, they have to play it and one reason a lot of the rest of the Big 10 does not like Illinois is the Illini whining all the time. Play the game on the court/field whatever and let that be the statement.

The whole Big 10 had a down year this year. In fact, no one out there is that super this year, there is no dominant team but the Big 10s record against non conference top rated teams was dismal in 2002-03. All of the Big 10 teams were seeded about right and if the Big 10 -the conference that I adore - goes 0-NCAA this year I won't be surprised.

The Big 10 is overrated.  Pitt, UConn, Syracuse, and Notre Dame all would have won the Big 10 regular season schedule had they been there.

That's a ridiculous statement, i'll give you pitt and probly syracuse, but we can play with uconn and ND, ya right, they can't take care of business at home, let alone win a game on the road. you couldn't win road games in the big ten. i'll take my chances in a game against any of those except pitt.

Illinois barely deserves that 4-seed and probably got it because they won their conference tourney.

BARELY????????!!!!!!!!!! wow, you just proved to me how much you know about sports. go read and watch espn.com and espn, they all say we deserve a 3, not deserve a 5! you've got to be kidding me. we were one of the hottest teams the last month, and the committee rewards that. we lost the regular season title by a free throw or two. ur a joke

My ass he has...he just said that 5 teams could beat illinois out of the big east, but not by using facts, however i brought up the point that nd has collapsed down the stretch and were 1 and done in the big east tournament, which is pathetic. in the meantime, we won.  notice how he had not response to that. thanks for playing

Arizona lost their first game in the Pac-10, are you gonna argue they don't deserve that #1?

Probably better that ND does lose because it gives them a week or so to rest instead of getting beat up. You're school spirit is admirable, but in the light of facts... It just doesn't hold up. Illinois is NOT that good.

Illini is not that good? in comparison to whom? Kentucky? certainly you aren't trying to tell me Illinois is not good in comparison to ND, i mean that would be absolutely ridiculous man. Illinois is not that good. Hell, you probly didn't watch them play one game this year did ya.

I am no Illini fan, to be sure.

Illinois was seeded just fine.  They lost their next to last regular season game, were not regular season conference champs, and won the tournament.

Any team could beat Illinois this year except for Michigan and we'll look to that nxxt season.

But this obsession with seedings is almost cubs-like as they argue they have the best rotation in baseball.  What matters is the game played, not how you argue before the games are played. 

Illinois fans are complaining its bracket is too tough?    What bracket did they want, IHSA Class A?

Each bracket has top teams.  And Illinois at a 4 plays a 13.  So if they had been seeded a 3 they would have played a 14.  So what is the huge difference here?  That they might have to play a team seeded above them at some point?  Well get real.  Of course they have to.  If one reallly has faith in one's team, you say, bring it on, we'll beat you all, not that we are better than everyone else but boo hoo we have such a tough bracket.

One team will win 6 games.  No one else will.  To win 6 games, you have to take on all comers.  Luck may have its way - certainly Illinois got lucky in playing a lousy OSU team for the tournament title rather than Wisconsin. Maybe they will get lucky in the NCAAs.  Maybe they will have to earn it.  But whatever, they have to play it and one reason a lot of the rest of the Big 10 does not like Illinois is the Illini whining all the time.  Play the game on the court/field whatever and let that be the statement. 

The whole Big 10 had a down year this year.  In fact, no one out there is that super this year, there is no dominant team but the Big 10s record against non conference top rated teams was dismal in 2002-03.  All of the Big 10 teams were seeded about right and if the Big 10 -the conference that I adore - goes 0-NCAA this year I won't be surprised.

First off, we got screwed because Western Kentucky is better than a 13 seed.

Any team could beat us except Michigan? Yes, ROAD GAMES. Not at home. In any conference, and especially the big ten, you expect to lose a decent amount of road games. That's how college bball is. Fans, like me, have an impact on the games because of the hostile environments. It's simple.

And you say oh well, go play the games...well hell in that case, why not give us a 16 seed and make it even harder...you are supposed to be rewarded FAIRLY for what you accomplished in the regular season, that's the whole point of the seedings!!!!

And you say we got lucky we didn't play wisconsin?! Oh, COME ON! Ohio St. beat them cuz Wisconsin sucked! they didn't deserve to be there! i was more afraid of playing indiana before the tourney started than i was wisconsin, easy. We almos tbeat wisconsin on the road, a place where they win games by 20 on average.

And while the Big Ten isn't great, you don't punish the Illini for that. And it's not like the Big Ten sucks either, the ACC and one side of the SEC isn't all that great.

And about this whole Illini fans b****ing thing...do you people not watch tv, or read stuff online....the so called "experts" know we got screwed also. It's not just Illini fans. Certainly any team in this situation would b****, be real people.

BARELY????????!!!!!!!!!! wow, you just proved to me how much you know about sports. go read and watch espn.com and espn, they all say we deserve a 3, not deserve a 5! you've got to be kidding me. we were one of the hottest teams the last month, and the committee rewards that.  we lost the regular season title by a free throw or two. ur a joke

LOL... You just proved how much you know...

ESPN... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha