Cleveland Umps

Jim Fainter

I have a buddy in Cleveland who is as hard core a Tribe fan as I am a Sox fan, and he really knows his s***, so I don't mind listening to him. Of course, we have running bets when we play each other. Since I could not see the game, I asked him what happened when JM got tossed. He said two things. 1) When JM got tossed he just turned and walked away, whereas Coach Kimm went screaming and fighting all the way; and 2) The plate umpire was awful the entire game in Cleveland's favor.

I have a buddy in Cleveland who is as hard core a Tribe fan as I am a Sox fan, and he really knows his s***, so I don't mind listening to him.  Of course, we have running bets when we play each other.  Since I could not see the game, I asked him what happened when JM got tossed.  He said two things.  1) When JM got tossed he just turned and walked away, whereas Coach Kimm went screaming and fighting all the way; and 2) The plate umpire was awful the entire game in Cleveland's favor.

I saw the game -- the home plate umpire was VERY inconsistent, and it appeared to favor the Tribe.

I don't mind a wide or small zone, but just keep it the same for both teams and stay with it the whole game. Is that asking too much? :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

that ump sucked..........very inconsistant..........definately in clevelands favor....most of it started with that high strike call to maggs(which me made a comment about while at bat) and it went down the toilet from there.......

I saw the game -- the home plate umpire was VERY inconsistent, and it appeared to favor the Tribe.

I don't mind a wide or small zone, but just keep it the same for both teams and stay with it the whole game.  Is that asking too much? :huh:

No and I agree whole-heartedly.

I really could care less if your strikezone went from the players ankles to his eyes....as long as it is the same for both teams.

What was his name? Ever since the whole Dybas thing, all umps have been against us. Those little maggots should chill out. Nothing happened to Diaz, it was only that stupid Scrubs fan Dybas who got the crap beat outta him. But most ML umps suck anyways...

Speaking of umps...

I made this point at the other boards a long time ago. I honestly believe that the umps are "getting back" at the sox for the attack earlier this year. Just WAY to many bad calls.

This is another area i think KW needs to address... send something to the league... its bulls***.

Maybe next time an umps bein a pain, Miggy should let one squeek by (with no one on of course) and hit the ump right in the gut, or maybe let a low one go by so he can take it in the shin where he aint got no paddin. It would serve the moron right!

Speaking of umps...

I made this point at the other boards a long time ago. I honestly believe that the umps are "getting back" at the sox for the attack earlier this year. Just WAY to many bad calls.

This is another area i think KW needs to address... send something to the league... its bulls***.

That and they just have a combined IQ equal to that of the grits I ate for breakfast...

Speaking of umps...

That and they just have a combined IQ equal to that of the grits I ate for breakfast...

:lol: Well if you are going by the actually amount of grits you ate... thats a pretty high amount in even a tablespoon full :lol:

The home plate umpire for Friday's game was Mark Wegner.  I don't know anything about him -- all I know is that he was horrible on Friday, and I hope we don't see him again this year.

I hope we see him again! So Miggy can let one past and hit him in da nuts! :headbang :headbang

The Herald says Miggy told the ump to "Call a strike" and Wegner told him to "Shut up."

If that is true, that umpire needs to be suspended and fined heavily. His job is to call balls and strikes, not to get snippy with a player.

The Herald says Miggy told the ump to "Call a strike" and Wegner told him to "Shut up."

What the heck? Well next time we see him and hes laying cross eyed on the ground praying his balls still do their thing, I hope Miggy tells him to shut it too...

You got to like Miggy standing up for the team though... is it just me, or is everyone else looking forward to seeing this kid play everyday? (not that I'm happy that Sandy got hurt again, but he looks like he's going to be a real stud!... the highlight of the season for me so far.)

Personally, i cant stand grits. god bloody aweful.

Cream of Wheat + 2 teaspoons brown sugar.... HMMMM HMMM GOOD

I'm with you Method.

Good. Then i have my first recruit for a new social order....

Ah! i can see it now... a grit free world....