Tuesday Night's game

chisoxpride2

I'm going to the game tomorrow night and seeing how I was somehow lucky enough to be in attendance for BOTH Mark Buehrle's No hitter two years ago and his perfect game two weeks ago, I want to get the tickets signed by Mark.. and maybe wise...

any tips for accomplishing this?

D Wise has probably never been asked for an autograph so he probably wont know what to do.

As for Burls like someone else said just stand at the dugout and hope he signs it.

I got MB56 to sign a ball on a kids day, Im 6"4 and the security guard asked how old I was, I said 13, lol. One guy was in shock and the other guy just kept saying how he knew I wasn't 13, and Burls heard the whole thing and just looked at, I think he was trying to figure out if I was lying, lol.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 12:23 AM)
D Wise has probably never been asked for an autograph so he probably wont know what to do.

As for Burls like someone else said just stand at the dugout and hope he signs it.

I got MB56 to sign a ball on a kids day, Im 6"4 and the security guard asked how old I was, I said 13, lol. One guy was in shock and the other guy just kept saying how he knew I wasn't 13, and Burls heard the whole thing and just looked at, I think he was trying to figure out if I was lying, lol.

So were you actually 13?

Or do you fall under this sports doofus

The 20 things that make you a sports doofus

16. Beating a kid for an autograph or baseball

You just know there's an obnoxious adult in there trying to get past the kids.

Dubious behavior: Snagging a fly ball from just above the outstretched arms of a child; stepping in front of a kid to have your jersey or baseball card autographed.

Doofus factor: Enormous. The fandom equivalent of candy from a baby. Even if you live and die sports -- even if you have a team tattoo -- there's no chance a baseball or autograph means more to you than to a kid. Besides, do you really want to be mistaken for one of those icky, joyless memorabilia dealer/eBay auctioneer athlete hounds?

Suggested solution: Give the baseball or autograph to the kid you beat, the way a grown adult man with a modicum of decency and self-respect would.

Mitigating circumstances: The kid you beat works for one of those icky, joyless memorabilia dealer/eBay auctioneer athlete hounds, in which case, drop him with a forearm shiver. Just kidding. About the forearm part.

Related behaviors: Getting drunk and using vulgar language to taunt the road team when children are sitting within earshot, then acting surly and incredulous when parents ask you to shut up.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 01:59 AM)
So were you actually 13?

Or do you fall under this sports doofus

The 20 things that make you a sports doofus

No, im 16 but I never move in front of kids or anything. If im one of the first ones there Ill just stand there, I never stretch past anyone and if Im behind, I usually dont even try

QUOTE (chisoxpride2 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
I'm going to the game tomorrow night and seeing how I was somehow lucky enough to be in attendance for BOTH Mark Buehrle's No hitter two years ago and his perfect game two weeks ago, I want to get the tickets signed by Mark.. and maybe wise...

any tips for accomplishing this?

Bring a child to get the autograph.