Sox push back rotation

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 08:14 PM)
Seriously, maybe having a start skipped for Axelrod MIGHT actually wake Floyd up...

Couldn't hurt. If he goes into a "mental shell" because of it, then he doesn't deserve to get the start in the first place...we always are worried about how fragile and vulnerable he is mentally, at some point he needs to man up and pitch more consistently like he's capable of doing.

You mean for the Floyd you just gave up one run in his last start?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 05:50 AM)

I'll give him credit, he didn't blow up with the bases loaded after walking in a run.

He got Doumit.

The start before, Santiago had to bail him out with the bases loaded or things would have been a lot worse.

We still are talking about an 0-3 pitcher here.

Overall, Axelrod has kept us in more games. That said, they're never going to skip him over Axelrod in a million years.

But...personally, I would love to see his reaction. To see if that makes him pitch better or worse. Could go either way. We've never really shaken him out of that pattern of inconsistency he has been since 2009.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 06:58 AM)
I'll give him credit, he didn't blow up with the bases loaded after walking in a run.

He got Doumit.

The start before, Santiago had to bail him out with the bases loaded or things would have been a lot worse.

We still are talking about an 0-3 pitcher here.

Overall, Axelrod has kept us in more games. That said, they're never going to skip him over Axelrod in a million years.

But...personally, I would love to see his reaction. To see if that makes him pitch better or worse. Could go either way. We've never really shaken him out of that pattern of inconsistency he has been since 2009.

IMO, Floyd seems like the type of guy that would pitch worse if you skip him. he would take it personally and it would mentally shake him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)

Apparently some think that if you don't throw a no-hitter every game then you get skipped in the rotation? Floyd looked real good his last time out.

Edited by elrockinMT