2013 in-game experience?

ewokpelts

Had a great time at the games I went to. The Upper Deck had a wave going for a good inning near the end of the game, which was pretty fun after a few drinks. Couldn't find Big Hurt Beer, found out on the 4th that they no longer sell it in the stadium after searching the lower deck and being directed to the outfield where an employee gave me the unfortunate news. I had some beer from one of those fancy vendors that recommend mixing flavors and had the Honey Bear which was honey beer and berry beer and man oh man was that good. My girlfriend was impressed with the stadium photographer's picture of us and I was happy with the $1 hot dogs that came through the section a few times. It was also nice that you could scan outside near Gate 5 (I think) and smoke and scan back in. Can't do that a lot of places out east. Overall, I loved the experience.

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Had a great time at the games I went to. The Upper Deck had a wave going for a good inning near the end of the game, which was pretty fun after a few drinks. Couldn't find Big Hurt Beer, found out on the 4th that they no longer sell it in the stadium after searching the lower deck and being directed to the outfield where an employee gave me the unfortunate news. I had some beer from one of those fancy vendors that recommend mixing flavors and had the Honey Bear which was honey beer and berry beer and man oh man was that good. My girlfriend was impressed with the stadium photographer's picture of us and I was happy with the $1 hot dogs that came through the section a few times. It was also nice that you could scan outside near Gate 5 (I think) and smoke and scan back in. Can't do that a lot of places out east. Overall, I loved the experience.

Good to hear! I always love going to ball games at the Cell. The tail gating experience with friends and family before each game is great. Once you enter the ballpark, you get the wonderful whiff of the grilled onions from the amazing dogs and brats. The lower deck concourse has amazing food! However, I have found out this year that the 300 level has the best darn food in the park! Its a hidden gem. They have amazing nachos, premium beer, amazing deserts (ice cream nachos!) and wonderful service. I guess thats why it is designated for season ticket holders :) In all seriousness, I have never had a bad time there. Between fireworks, food and good quality baseball Sox park is a home away from home for me. If I can have one wish in sports before I die (hopefully not for another 70 years!!) would be to see another World Series Championship banner raised at Sox park. Seeing 2 White Sox championships in this lifetime would be more than satisfying.

As of right now, we are very far away from my wish... lets establish a new direction and philosophy. Lets build something special from the ground up! Start making trades Hahn!!!!!!

My only experience with the park that is sometimes negative is having some of the vendors be closed, particularly in the UD, at low attendace games. And in that case, I understand why, even though I may not like it.

The fans are another thing entirely, the park can only control that so well. and when I've reported problems before (which has been very rare), they do actually do something about it.

Other than that incredibly stupid video they were showing early in the season, I've had positive experiences this season. Few to no complaints from me.

The ballpark experience is better than Tampa Bay's ballpark experience. Too many unemployed 40 year old men that love nothing more than their horns and cowbells.

I definitely don't feel pumped up for the Sox games I have been to based upon the performances I have seen and the fact that they got rid of the Pirates of the Carribbean video at the start of the game. I always say the food is good but it can get real pricy, so I tailgate beforehand. The nachos are worth it in the later innings.