Jaret Wright?

santo=dorf

He and Brian Kenny were talking about the pitchers' market this offseason, and Peter said the Mariners are interested but he said he has heard that the White Sox might land him. It will probably be a three year deal.

Now it says "WRIGHT NEAR DEAL WITH WHITE SOX!" Under Peter.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOPPIE.. here comes 3rd palce in 05.. I can't wait.

Thank you KW for flying under the radar, I mean there be so many other teams that want to sign this guy, Like..Say Las Vegas 51s or the Durham Bulls.. another great signing.

About 15 teams have inquired about him? Bet you did not know that. :banghead

Maybe he's already learned what he needs to learn from Mazzone. He has the stuff to be dominant, maybe he can keep his head together and continue to be a stud. I know many of you doubt him, but I believe he would be a solid pickup. I'd rather have Clement or O.Perez though.

Interesting....Wright was awesome last year and the Braves ace, I'm definitely interested in him, I'm not sure his gb to fb ratio I'm sure qwerty or cheat can help me out with that, for the right price I'd be interested in him. The problem is I'm not sure he's a number 3 starter but I don't know a ton about him either because I haven't watched him pitch that much.

Maybe he's already learned what he needs to learn from Mazzone.  He has the stuff to be dominant, maybe he can keep his head together and continue to be a stud.  I know many of you doubt him, but I believe he would be a solid pickup.  I'd rather have Clement or O.Perez though.

He was also cut loose by Cleveland when they were horrible a few years back.

One good year from this guy doesn't justify a 3 year deal with us unless it's an extremely low offer.

Interesting....Wright was awesome last year and the Braves ace, I'm definitely interested in him, I'm not sure his gb to fb ratio I'm sure qwerty or cheat can help me out with that, for the right price I'd be interested in him.  The problem is I'm not sure he's a number 3 starter but I don't know a ton about him either because I haven't watched him pitch that much.

His g/f ratio is 1.28 which is in the middle of the pack for of the 80 starting pitchers eligible. Has a pretty good whip of 1.28, held batters to a .242 average, had a k/9 of 7.68.

I'm in. He would be an excellent No. 3 or 4 pitcher. We aren't signing him to be our ace...we are signing him to be an innings eater. To keep us in the game. Also, this doesn't mean we are done shopping...this makes Garland more shoppable for another SP or outfielder.

He and Brian Kenny were talking about the pitchers' market this offseason, and Peter said the Mariners are interested but he said he has heard that the White Sox might land him.  It will probably be a three year deal.

Now it says "WRIGHT NEAR DEAL WITH WHITE SOX!" Under Peter.

Santo was this just on espnnews?? Right after I saw you posted this I ran downstairs to see and they were talking about Willingham.

If we did indeed sign him, i think it is fair to say he will not be as good as last year. The best i can see him doing here is 4 era. Because like aboz said the loss of leo mazzone is huge.

Do you think it's a possibility that Mazzone taught him how to pitch and now he'll take that with him? Like I said I don't know a ton about Wright but from what I know Wright used to just be a fireballer and last year he learned how to actually pitch.

Do you think it's a possibility that Mazzone taught him how to pitch and now he'll take that with him?  Like I said I don't know a ton about Wright but from what I know Wright used to just be a fireballer and last year he learned how to actually pitch.

Cooper will screw him up by the end of spring training, don't you worry.