NCAA 2006

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
on ps2 the juke is pissing me off with the right anakog stick, it's too much off a hassle to even use anymore

i'm loving it. I had mastered the juke in past veersions and this seems alot more comfortable.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
what?

On defense and offense i thought there was no Turbo on ps2????is there, ause i cant find it in the directions. If there is and i couldn't find i will feel like a complete idiot. where you held X on Offsnes and O on defense

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
On defense and offense i thought there was no Turbo on ps2????is there, ause i cant find it in the directions. If there is and i couldn't find i will feel like a complete idiot

hahahahahaha

offense, x is turbo like always

defense, they changed it. x is the turbo this year and o is change players

hahahahahahah

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
hahahahahaha

offense, x is turbo like always

defense, they changed it.  x is the turbo this year and o is change players

hahahahahahah

:chair

i got caught on a breakaway run evertime now i know why. :banghead

I've got a question for anyone that has played NCAA before on both a PS2 and an XBOX: Which system should I get the game for? I just got the XBOX and haven't played any sports games on it, so I don't know what to do.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
I've got a question for anyone that has played NCAA before on both a PS2 and an XBOX:  Which system should I get the game for?  I just got the XBOX and haven't played any sports games on it, so I don't know what to do.

that is a question that you will recieve bad answer from because whoever has xbox will say xbox, and whoever has ps2 will say ps2

A couple things...

First, Impact Players for the computer kick some ass.. Every team I have played, their impact players have been crucial to their team.. even more so, I have seen the computer bring in their impact CB in to play reciever and done good.. They give the ball to their impact players and its a real good touch..

Second, Ill tell you all now before you freak out.. after the first sim I did, Leinart won the heisman with 82 completion%.. Comp% is HIGH in the game when you look at the computer people.. thats the only problem I see..

Other than that, this is by far the best NCAA they have come out with.. great great game

Get it for Xbox if you like: Better graphics, faster load times (better on pretty much all cosmetic ends)

Get it for PS2 if you like: good controls (less awkward than Xbox controls)

It's pretty much that simple. I have played it for both and I prefer Xbox just because you get through menus much quicker and load times are significantly less. In general I like the Xbox controller better than the PS2 controller, but for this game I wish I had a PS2 controller so I'd have more shoulder buttons. Using the white and black is just way too awkward...good thing ND doesn't run the option.

About the juke stick, I'm having trouble using it as well just because it's awkward to sprint and juke at the same time. However, I love the fact that the stiff arm is more prominent in this game...I don't even think it was in the last game. I've always been a big fan of the stiff arm.

As for my personal RFTH, I'm a CB...it's way to easy to win the heisman with an offensive player. My CB is pretty sick though, got offers from USC, TENN, and MICH but I walked him onto ND. 82 Overall, 96 Speed, 2nd on the depth. He returns punts and kicks and also likes to blitz a lot. :P Probably won't get a good amount of buzz until he becomes an impact player...but I think this is much more fun than throwing to the same guy or running to the same guy the whole game.

Edited by Fotop

i have a ps2 and would say get the xbox. I actually like the small xbox controllers (roomate had an xbox). But i've got a ps2 and not planning on buying an xbox, oh well, i'm fine w/ the ps2 version

and fotop, if you go to any boards like maddenmania, etc. that problem is widely known, it worries alot of people.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
A couple things...

First, Impact Players for the computer kick some ass.. Every team I have played, their impact players have been crucial to their team.. even more so, I have seen the computer bring in their impact CB in to play reciever and done good.. They give the ball to their impact players and its a real good touch..

Second, Ill tell you all now before you freak out.. after the first sim I did, Leinart won the heisman with 82 completion%.. Comp% is HIGH in the game when you look at the computer people.. thats the only problem I see..

Other than that, this is by far the best NCAA they have come out with.. great great game

i have seen these exact two things, i played arizona state and i double teamed their tight end/impact player, and he could not be stopped. also in the same game they were 15/15 to start the game

i have seen these exact two things, i played arizona state and i double teamed their tight end/impact player, and he could not be stopped.  also in the same game they were 15/15 to start the game

I still struggle with passing... BUT.. i dont know if its the game or if its my QB

Kissan Flakes was like 15/38 for 298 yards and 2 TD's..

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
I've got a question for anyone that has played NCAA before on both a PS2 and an XBOX:  Which system should I get the game for?  I just got the XBOX and haven't played any sports games on it, so I don't know what to do.

Xbox hands down. I just picked up the game (haven't yet played it) but ever since I bought my Xbox (also on a ps2) I always get games on Xbox. Only exception was the last Grand Theft Auto simply because I didn't want to wait 6 months till It came out on Xbox.

A little better frame rate, more importantly way faster load times. Xbox owns :cheers

Xbox hands down.  I just picked up the game (haven't yet played it) but ever since I bought my Xbox (also on a ps2) I always get games on Xbox.  Only exception was the last Grand Theft Auto simply because I didn't want to wait 6 months till It came out on Xbox.

A little better frame rate, more importantly way faster load times.  Xbox owns :cheers

Exactly :cheers