Amityville House

AddisonStSox

Have any of you ever had an interest in or looked into the Amityville haunting? I know its :santa time, but the story behind this haunting is incredible. I won't get into any of it, but if you are interested, or remember it and want to reminisce...

Linky

The History Channel did a "History's Mysteries" on the house around Halloween.

A new movie is being made on the subject and will hit theaters around April. Starring Ryan Reynolds and Melissa George, this movie (unlike the 1979 version) will will be a faithful adaptation of the book.

Creepy kids.

This documentary was pretty damn convincing though. 

Yikes.  It spooked the bejezzus outta me.

I recall another convincing "documentary" which attempted to debunk the Blair Witch phenomenom. It honestly creeped me out, and did quite well convincing the viewer of its authenticity.

History Channel has really surprised me recently with their shift in programming. Last year you wouldn't have found any shows discussing ghosts, UFO's, or conspiracy theories. I suppose the network had to break boundaries to keep up with Discovery Channel, TLC.

Wasn't the whole Blair Witch thing fake?

Sure was.

After I watched the documentary, I couldn't believe a parent approved the Sci-Fi channel, of all networks, video footage which portrayed the freightening disappearance of their children. The scenes shown in the documentary were created by the same people who starred in the actual Blair Witch movie.

Oooooooooo, spoooooooooky

A list of the "most haunted" places in the states. IL has two on the list.

Bachelors Grove: "Most Hauntled Place In Chicago." :lol:

What the article fails to mention is Midlothian Police are ordered to drive by the entrance on the turnpike nightly. If an unidenitfied car is spotted, your f***ed. As I recal several years ago, a group of cultists were preparing for a ritualistic sacrifice in the graveyard when several people stumbled upon it one night. Supposedly, its what triggered the nightly searches.

I have a little BG story for guys. Back in the mid '70's I was driving in that area one night and was accompanied by another person. Now, for the life of me I cannot recall who this person was. It could have been anyone from a date to a buddy, but at that time, I didn't think much about "the stories". To the best of my admittedly limited recollection, things happend like so. We passed "the old farm house" that night. The person with me told me that it was a "ghost house" but I hadn't heard about it at the time. We turned around and went back, but could not locate the house. I soon forgot about the incident and had not thought about it for years, until tonight. Then I read the following:

Along this old road, many visitors to the area have reported seeing a phantom farmhouse that seems to appear and disappear at random. The house is always described in the same way, as a white house with porch pillars, a swing and a soft light burning in the window, but it is never reported in the same place. As witnesses approach the house, it always disappears. A number of completely independent witnesses have reported the house, not realizing that it was unnatural (until it vanished) and all of them have pointed to different locations when they spotted it.

The house has been reported during both daylight hours and at night but historical files show no record of a house ever existing here!

I didn't "see" the house but for a split second, but it is described as I remember it. I had totally forgotten about this, but when I read these paragraphs I "dropped my teeth" as the saying goes. Take it for what it's worth, but this is true as best as I can recall.

I didn't "see" the house but for a split second, but it is described as I remember it.  I had totally forgotten about this, but when I read these paragraphs I "dropped my teeth" as the saying goes.  Take it for what it's worth, but this is true as best as I can recall.

My mom told me about seeing this when she was younger and wandering around there (she was running away from day camp lol - she would have been about 10 when she says she saw this).

Bachelors Grove: "Most Hauntled Place In Chicago."  :lol:

What the article fails to mention is Midlothian Police are ordered to drive by the entrance on the turnpike nightly.  If an unidenitfied car is spotted, your f***ed. As I recal several years ago, a group of cultists were preparing for a ritualistic sacrifice in the graveyard when several people stumbled upon it one night.  Supposedly, its what triggered the nightly searches.

Someone i know had court today for getting caught there on Halloween :lol:

Bachelors Grove: "Most Hauntled Place In Chicago."  :lol:

What the article fails to mention is Midlothian Police are ordered to drive by the entrance on the turnpike nightly.  If an unidenitfied car is spotted, your f***ed. As I recal several years ago, a group of cultists were preparing for a ritualistic sacrifice in the graveyard when several people stumbled upon it one night.  Supposedly, its what triggered the nightly searches.

My old neighbors once told me that while they were driving down that road of the cemetery, they said that they could have sworn some girl was walking in the rain wearing a tattered wedding dress.

Brian went there near Halloween when he was a senior in HS. He swears they didn't see anything, but strangely he refuses to go with me to see it (during the day, not in the mood to get arrested lol). I've never been there and have been wanting to go during the day. My sister is the only one I know who's been there and willing to go back.

Website and trailer for the remake. By the way i couldn't get the trailer to work because it needed a new plug-in, then when I dl'ed the plug-in it said it was only for Windows XP. D'oh!

And when you load up the site please tell me that you think that guy looks exactly like Mike Peca.

http://www.amityvillehorrormovie.com/