Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 11:07 AM) By its very definition... the new .500 is .560
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 11:04 AM) It won't change my mind, I just want to know how you can label him as above average given the results over the last 9 years. And I would like to know how you can discredit his entire defense as being lucky and based on flukes.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 10:56 AM) How is a sub .560 winning percentage and playoff appearances 3 times in 9 years, going 3-3, "above average?" He was a good defensive coach and a f***ing horrendous offensive coach. That's indisputable. How can you just ignore half of his job? Nothing I will say will change your mind. You already think everything he does is based on luck and flukes. Why bother arguing with you? I never said he was the best ever, but he is above average
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 10:51 AM) I say it as Cutler is one Bear who is coddled by the fans. Face it, the guy has struggled in big games, and his leadership up until this point in his career, has to be questioned. The QB is the focal point of every team. He needs to grow up. Maybe having a kid and a new offense will do that, but he is Jeff George right now. WTF? Are you serious?
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 10:40 AM) Most teams do a lot better with their starter than their back up. I never said he was awful, he's just not anywhere near elite. Blame everything else. That's what Jay would do, and if he's awful vs. GB, if that's reason enough to criticize Lovie, it should be reason enough to let Cutler have it. You say that as if Cutler never has been criticized for his play against GB
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 10:40 AM) Every other team emphasizes turnovers. Every other team tries to turnover the ball and return kicks/punts for touchdowns. Lovie just happened to have maybe the best special teams coach ever, the best return man ever, and some really good defensive players. But good defensive players don't magically cause stupid QB's to throw terrible pick-6's. LOL. You wont give Lovie any credit for anything. At least you are consistent with that. He wasnt the best coach ever, but he was definitely above average
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 10:22 AM) There is nothing about Jon Gruden's coaching record that says anyone should want him. People just see him on tv and drool and say "give me" because they are familiar. quit being a sad sally. you are just mad because you arent on a beach
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 10:17 AM) I don't get why everyone wants Jon Gruden. The guy's a complete moron on MNF, and his career coaching record was basically the same as Lovie's (95-81). Sure, he won the big game, but he was nothing special over his last 6 seasons as a head coach after taking over Dungy's ready-to-win team in 2002. He is not my preference, I actually really want McCoy now that I have been reading these stories about him. I just think getting Gruden wouldnt be the worst thing in the world, but he is not my #1
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 10:03 AM) I really don't understand this mindset. The NFL has changed more in the past 5 seasons than any other time over the last 3 decades, and people want to bring in old men who have been out of the game the entire time? New blood, please. Well, part of my statement was new blood. The other was oldies but goodies. Plus, Gruden isnt exactly old
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 09:57 AM) And I still maintain he's the luckiest coach in the league. Having your defense score so many points is fluky, not matter how much emphasis he puts on turnovers. thats fine. its wrong, but thats fine. Apparently St Louis and Tampa were all lucky when Lovie was there too.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 09:42 AM) Yeah, I can understand the difference of opinion on him...but I think the fact that Belichick met with him last summer and implemented the fast pace goes pretty far towards whether his innovations are just gimmicks or not. It doesn't matter to me whether his kids translate to the NFL or not...it only matters whether his ideas transfer to the NFL. I think they do. I understand what you are saying about his ideas, but i think his personnel dictates his playcalling. He wont be able to run his Nike factory out there anymore against the Converse kids. It will be interesting to see how he runs an NFL team though. I just dont know if I want to see the Bears as the guinea pig
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Im really not that enamored with Kelly TBH. He seems really gimmicky, his entire offense is predicated on his athletes being so much faster than everyone else on the college level. Not many of his kids translate to the NFL. I would be happy if Emery stuck with the NFL offensive minds, and if he brought in a Gruden/Holmgren/Cowher, that would work too.
-
Sox seeking LH bat
Ben Davis. Never Forget(part 2)
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 04:39 PM) And has for a number of seasons. I got a chance to listen to some sports talk today....my god there are people who were surprised/shocked Lovie got fired? Some even angry? WTF? Missing the playoffs 5 times in 6 years, 6 times in 9 years is f***ing pathetic. Lovie was incredibly average as a coach and his record supports that - beat the crap teams, lost to the good teams. Good f***ing riddance. Well, his record was 81-63, so he wasnt exactly average- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 03:58 PM) I love this post, especially the bolded part... I also can't stand the fact that the Bears really really suck at HB screens or creating plays to get Hester in open space to best utilize his speed/quickness. I agree that they have no idea how to run a screen, but i completely disagree about Hester. He has been given so many opportunities to do something with his speed and quickness and he dances and goes backwards. Hester has been his worst enemy- 2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 01:28 PM) Yeah, digital distribution is the next thing for consoles. I heard the new Xbox is trying to land a deal with a big cable company, basically to combine the two to make one set top box for gaming, tv and movies. Couldnt you see this sort of backfiring too though? Say you dont pay your cable/bundle deal on time, does your downloaded content go away until you pay your bill? Also, you have to imagine if it Time Warner/Comcast, there will be a large contingent of people that wont buy it simply because they dont want to change their subscription from dish or just outright hate comcast(me) or time warner. Seems like a risky play to combine them.- 2013 Video Game Thread
Oh, and I just wanted to mention I cannot wait for Aliens : Colonial Marines.- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 01:14 PM) I think he passed the "HC material" test this season... The Steelers were on crack to fire him... the reason was just bizarre. Too buddy buddy with Big Ben. WTF is that, why shouldnt the OC be friends with the QB- 2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 01:13 PM) I don't understand why they would do this. I would guess - and perhaps my assumption is wrong - that Gamestop and similar companies actually make more money for developers, especially the big developers with titles that have sequels. There have been several games that I started with a used copy and then later bought the new copy because I liked the franchise so much. I think a lot of it has to do with having a lot of control over the catalog of games as well, and driving the need to buy/rent games back to sony as opposed to gamefly/gamestop/blockbuster(are they still around????)- 2013 Video Game Thread
So lets kick this thing off with a little rumor nugget about the upcoming Playstation console: http://kotaku.com/5972787/sony-patent-coul...ext-playstation So, two things I have read rumor wise about this console is 1: it will not be backwards compatible with PS3(and will force you to get those games on the PS Network) and 2: it will destroy the used game market with playstation. If this above patent comes to fruition, your game will only work with your console. No going to friends houses with your games, no renting. Your console, thats it.- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 11:40 AM) While I would normally agree, I think Carmichael's situation is different. With Payton out this year, Carmichael called the plays and led the NFL's 2nd ranked offense (3rd in points). So, we know he can actually lead a successful offense. Again, is that Carmichael or is he just letting Brees do his thing with a little push here and there?- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 11:03 AM) It could be bad though. If you go too wide and can't make up your mind, the top guys could come off the board. That said, I'd have to imagine he has his idea as to who his top candidates will be and their is no harm interviewing as long as you move swiftly. To me these are the guys I'd be dissapointed if Emery didn't have a conversation with them: 1. Holmgren 1b. Cowher (probably won't even interview but you better damn well call his agent and ask) 2. Reid (looks like they won't chat) 3. Gruden (not sure I'd hire him, but should at least reach out and have a conversation) 4. Mike McCoy (that is happening) 5. Bill O'Brien (really really good candidate; not sure you can get him but have to try to have the convo) 6. Shanny (like him a lot) Should probably also reach out to the top OC candidates out their as well (not mentioned above). E.g,. Clements, Carmichael. Pretty sure Mike Shanahan said his coaches arent to interview until after their playoff run is over, and that usually pushes those guys way to the back of the line.- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
One thing you can say, Emery is casting a wide net. Every day you hear new names mentioned being called in for interviews. Exciting to say the least- 2013 Films Thread
Devil was one of M Knights better writing efforts - 2012-2013 NFL Thread