Everything posted by KnightsOnMintSt
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If the report from Olney is true, I would think the Yankees and Cardinals offers were somewhere around 5-year, $150 million. Still gets $30 million per year, but not for the amount of years he was expecting.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
So this could mean a few things. 1. The White Sox offer is really the only official offer, so why not start low, and work up? 2. Agent leak to start the bidding process. 3. The White Sox want Machado, but like the Yankees, refuse to go over $200 million.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I’m starting to believe the reports that the offers are slightly below/right about $200 million. I have to think that if it were around 8-year, $280 million, this would be wrapped soon. $35 million over 8 years seems pretty good. Especially if a team throws in performance bonuses, that $300 million number would be very likely. But at this point, I think teams are just starting to think of allocating that money else where (a team could probably get Kuechel AND Pollock for less than Machado).
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I’m going to say that we get no news today. Not just no signing, but nothing from the media. Just very quiet.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
But now it seems like the Phillies are putting the full court press on Harper.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
What would be the point of Hahn planting a low offer in the media? Who does that benefit? I get nervous when I see these low offers. I understand why you would want to put a high offer out there to potentially keep teams away. But a low number? That seems like it would make a bunch of teams want to enter negotiations.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I do agree that the Phillies will get one of them. I think it will be Harper, even though I actually think Machado makes more sense for them, especially if they sign Pollock.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
It’s going to be one of those kind of nights.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Just saw a tweet referencing what Bob Nightengale said on XM. No way more teams don’t get in on a deal like that. Probably something like 7-year, $180 million. That’s a little over $25 million per year. I don’t see how that gets it done.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Well, here comes the news we were looking for today.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If it’s true that the Phillies are focusing on only one of them, I am confident that it is Harper. And if it is Harper, I feel 80% confident the White Sox will get Machado.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I looked at some of the replies, whoever runs that page responded to a question and pretty much said Machado will probably sign this week. Not necessarily with the Phillies, just in general.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
The slow days used to feel like something was about to happen. Now they just feel like we’re so far off from something happening.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Trying my best not to check this board all day. But it always seems like when I step away for a few hours, some piece of news breaks, and brings me right back.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
What’re the odds that the White Sox are actually offering a contract that is slightly over $210 million? I just don’t know at all how that even comes close to getting it done.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Local guys really hammering down on the 7-year offer.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I think Manny is going to hold out for a $300 million+. Some team will eventually give it to him. Manny has a decent leverage too because even if he holds out into print training, he knows he’ll still get a big contract, so why not hold out for what you want? I still don’t think that Philly gets him, because they would have to give two players well over $600 million. But a team will eventually bite on $300 million. Is that a 9, 10, 11, or 12 years? I don’t know. But Manny is too good of a player, and eventually some team will say, you know what, let’s go for it! And they’ll make the splash. I just hope the White Sox are the ones to do it.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
MLB deleted the tweet about Manny being offered a contract by the White Sox.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Any report or notion that this is coming to an end soon, I don't see it. I believe the teams that are in are all set, and its about Manny making a decision. Thinking this goes until at least February.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I hope so. Hopefully he starts the season in Birmingham, then heads to Charlotte by June.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Luis Gonzalez will be the starting RF for the Sox eventually.- Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I would think the Phillies have a better offer on the table than this. While I dont know if Machado and Harper even want to sign with the same team, money talks. - Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.