October 1st Game Thread: White Sox vs. Minnesota Twins

James Shields (6-18, 5.82) vs. Hector Santiago (12-10, 4.87)

Tonite is Rock ‘n’ Roll Night at the U.S. Cellular Field!  Fireworks and cap giveaway to the first 5,000 fans entering the ballpark, presented by guaranteed V Rate. 

October 1, 2016

Chicago White Sox vs. Minnesota Twins

Stadium:  U.S. Cellular Field

Announcers:  Steve Stone and Jason Benetti (television), Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson (radio), Hector Molina and Billy Russo (Spanish radio)

Game telecast time:  6:00 PM Central / 7:00 PM Eastern *

8 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago  WGN-TV,  Channel 9  (Independent)

South Bend  WMYS-LD,  Channel 69  (my network TV) *

Marion, IN  WNDY-TV,  Channel 23-3  (The CW) (WISH-TV simulcast) *

Indianapolis  WISH-TV,  Channel 8  (The CW) *

Peoria / Bloomington, IL  WAOE Peoria,  Channel 59  (my network TV)

Rockford  WIFR Freeport,  Channel 23-3  (Justice Network)

Quad Cities  WQAD-TV Moline,  Channel 8-3  (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City  KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids,  Channel 9-3  (Antenna TV)

Radio:

Chicago  AM 890 WLS / FM 94.7 WLS-FM-HD2 (using HD capable radios)

And the 'WLS White Sox Radio Network' http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

Spanish:  Chicago  AM 1200 WRTO / FM 105.1 WOJO-HD3 Evanston (using HD capable radios) / Channel 9 WGN-TV ‘Second Audio Program’ (by pressing ‘SAP’ button)

Hats off to all of the TV and radio affiliates who aired White Sox games in 2016.  Hopefully Ft. Wayne and Des Moines (2 TV markets that aired Sox games in 2015) can be added in 2017.  The affiliate at Decatur, IL (Channel 23 WBUI) really needs to get it’s act together next season, or WGN Sports needs to find a better station in Central Illinois.  Only 10 Sox games were aired on WBUI, but the same channel aired the complete package of 45 Cubs games.  Apparently the decision maker down there is a Cubs fan who does not like the White Sox!