Lucas Giolito, Reynaldo Lopez and Dane Dunning

NorthSideSox72

IMO, we break-even on the trade if we end up with a #3 type starter and a high leverage reliever. Anything more than that is a clear win for us. Obviously I wish Giolito was doing better out of the gate, but I'm giving it him a few months before I start to panic. Restoring his mechanics was always going to be a painful process and we're seeing that now.

3-4 starts at Winston-Salem is not enough. What's the reason to rush him to Birmingham, anyway?

I'm going to guess until the end of June/early July with W-S and then the last two months with the Barons...then maybe playoffs in Birm or Charlotte. It's doubtful WS or Birmingham will make it, has to be Charlotte.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2017 -> 06:39 AM)
3-4 starts at Winston-Salem is not enough. What's the reason to rush him to Birmingham, anyway?

I'm going to guess until the end of June/early July with W-S and then the last two months with the Barons...then maybe playoffs in Birm or Charlotte. It's doubtful WS or Birmingham will make it, has to be Charlotte.

He's a 1st round pick and turns 23 later this year pretty sure he can handle it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 5, 2017 -> 06:20 AM)
IMO, we break-even on the trade if we end up with a #3 type starter and a high leverage reliever. Anything more than that is a clear win for us. Obviously I wish Giolito was doing better out of the gate, but I'm giving it him a few months before I start to panic. Restoring his mechanics was always going to be a painful process and we're seeing that now.

Giolito was far better in AAA last year his mechanics are still messed up. I'd pretty much write off this whole year for him to get everything ironed out and hope he can be called up mid season next year.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 5, 2017 -> 06:20 AM)

Depends how good Eaton turns out to be. He certainly had a great start before his injury.

My paranoid reaction/analysis is that Nats GM knew Giolito was lost cause and was looking to unload him anywhere soon before his value dropped off the table, and then RH appeared. Nats have "Playoff Team" written all over them, and Eaton was a great pickup until that injury.

Right now, it looks like Dunning and Lopez for an injured Eaton.