This makes me sick

whitesoxfan99

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol from no it wasnt to your sure there were a few more????? there were more... ;)

If you re read my post you will see i said "star" and "documented". There is only one star who was documented as being drunk on the field. ONE. That doesnt mean there wasnt more, but our opinions add up to nothing. The fact is ONE hof player in the history of baseball is known to have played most of his career drunk. I dont see how that guy should be seen as "better" than Sosa as a person.......or a legend. Was he a better baseball player? Absolutely...... :cheers

and again i tell you to read up .. there are a few more STARS DOCUMENTED you failed to mention...... ;)

Was this from the same book that told us that KW was being fired any day now....? :P :rolleyes:

:finger :finger :finger ....lol nope.. its from the book that calls you a dumbass for not knowing your baseball history........ :P :D :headbang

lol from no it wasnt to your sure there were a few more????? there were more... ;)

If you re read my post you will see i said "star" and "documented". There is only one star who was documented as being drunk on the field. ONE. That doesnt mean there wasnt more, but our opinions add up to nothing. The fact is ONE hof player in the history of baseball is known to have played most of his career drunk. I dont see how that guy should be seen as "better" than Sosa as a person.......or a legend. Was he a better baseball player? Absolutely...... :cheers

and again i tell you to read up .. there are a few more STARS DOCUMENTED you failed to mention...... ;)

Was this from the same book that told us that KW was being fired any day now....? :P :rolleyes:

:finger :finger :finger ....lol nope.. its from the book that calls you a dumbass for not knowing your baseball history........ :P :D :headbang

Sorry, I guess I didnt look in the fairy tale section of major league history. I'll make sure I check that section next time. :lol: :lolhitting

Guest hotsoxchick1

Sorry, I guess I didnt look in the fairy tale section of major league history. I'll make sure I check that section next time. :lol: :lolhitting

lol ......when you get to the book with the big pictures and less words youll know you got the right one...... :D :P

lol ......when you get to the book with the big pictures and less words youll know you got the right one...... :D :P

Okay i found those type of books...................i dont see any pictures of KW with a foot in his ass though? :huh: :huh: :lolhitting

Guest hotsoxchick1

Okay i found those type of books...................i dont see any pictures of KW with a foot in his ass though? :huh: :huh: :lolhitting

thats cause you have your nose in the spot, dick and jan issue...... :rolleyes:

I dont see how that guy should be seen as "better" than Sosa as a person.......or a legend.  Was he a better baseball player?  Absolutely...... :cheers

I agree completely. I actually remember telling me a story about when he was a kid. The Yankees were in town so my dad and a few of his friends decided to go autograph hunting. When Mantle saw them he told them to get the hell out of there. Roger Maris on the other hand, saw them and talked with them and gave them each his autograph (my dad still has it). After hearing this I always found it funny that Mantle was so idolized by Yankee fans while Maris was so hated.

I agree completely.  I actually remember telling me a story about when he was a kid.  The Yankees were in town so my dad and a few of his friends decided to go autograph hunting.  When Mantle saw them he told them to get the hell out of there.  Roger Maris on the other hand, saw them and talked with them and gave them each his autograph (my dad still has it).  After hearing this I always found it funny that Mantle was so idolized by Yankee fans while Maris was so hated.

Maris was the nicest guy in the world who was always cast aside. I forgot the movie that documented that famed season, but i recommend it highly........

Guest hotsoxchick1
I agree completely.  I actually remember telling me a story about when he was a kid.  The Yankees were in town so my dad and a few of his friends decided to go autograph hunting.  When Mantle saw them he told them to get the hell out of there.  Roger Maris on the other hand, saw them and talked with them and gave them each his autograph (my dad still has it).  After hearing this I always found it funny that Mantle was so idolized by Yankee fans while Maris was so hated.

ty cobb was also a prick in his days... he slammed a couple of little kids fingers in the bus window and broke them, when they stuck in a paper and pencil for an autograph......every era has its assholes...... ;)

Yeah, I actually new that.  I still find it ironic though.

Well think of it this way. IF kobe came in at the end of the bulls title era and won the scoring title over MJ and was on the same team, would all bulls fans accept him? I would but im not sure all of them would......or even most. :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Well think of it this way.  IF kobe came in at the end of the bulls title era and won the scoring title over MJ and was on the same team, would all bulls fans accept him?  I would but im not sure all of them would......or even most. :huh:

espically if he came his way out of a little hick town and was a nobody and rose to be a somebody in the matter of a season......fans are a funny thing......they either love ya or hate ya no matter what you do....... ;) see roman on frank for an example....... :lol: :lol:

espically if he came his way out of a little hick town and was a nobody and rose to be a somebody in the matter of a season......fans are a funny thing......they either love ya or hate ya no matter what you do....... ;) see roman on frank for an example....... :lol:  :lol:

Or you on shockey........... :o :P :bang

Well think of it this way.  IF kobe came in at the end of the bulls title era and won the scoring title over MJ and was on the same team, would all bulls fans accept him?  I would but im not sure all of them would......or even most. :huh:

A little different scenario. Kobe is a jackass. I'm not judging him on the whole rape accusation. But he is arrogant and I really have never liked his attitude. I always found him to be very phony and it says something when none of your teammates like you.

You are all missing the point. It's not a matter of who did what or who deserves it more. In fourty years from now nobody is going remember Mantle but there will be plently of people who remember Sosa. You are completely underestimating the ability of Cub fans, and baseball fans in general, to worship players who don't deserve it.

A little different scenario.  Kobe is a jackass.  I'm not judging him on the whole rape accusation.  But he is arrogant and I really have never liked his attitude.  I always found him to be very phony and it says something when none of your teammates like you.

lol and MJ wasnt those things? Did his teammates like him?