Frazier's swing

Princess Dye

He does have an extremely straight front arm which probably makes his swing slightly longer

http://noontimebaseball.com/category/todd-frazier/

However I'm not sure if that is the reason. Griffey also had a straight rmv although he had a smoother back elbow slot (Todd almost has a two stage swing were he drops the elbow first and then pulls the lead arm around.

The swing is probably not ideal for covering the zone but it gives him good leverage and power. Not sure if he should change that at this point.

To me the obvious problem is that he tries to pull every pitch, regardless of location or speed. Can't be a major league hitter like that unless you have ridiculously fast and strong hands. Frazier isn't that guy. The only pitches he's going to hit are mistakes since every pitcher in baseball is going to know what he's looking for and how he's going to swing. And the sad part is that he's going on 700-800 PA's like this and there have been 0 adjustments. Don't see it changing anytime soon either, he's pretty much toast as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately he's most likely going to be trotted out there on a daily basis for the foreseeable future.

Chicago White Sox: where hitters go to die. It really is crazy

Todd has a long, upright swing that obviously generates a lot of bat speed but that also leaves him highly vulnerable middle in fast and out and away slow. At this point in his career he will probably have to adjust if he wants to keep being a regular. He'd probably be well served to just concede the inside strike, sorta like Konerko did at the end, and look middle out only.

Looking at some of his swings in Cinci it appears he's more upright and stiff now. I wonder if his back issues have led him to try and make some changes.