Extra inning playoff game vs Overtime playoff game

sox-r-us

I am a huge baseball and hockey fan. After seeing the classic Sox-As game last night, I started thinking about what is more fun: an extra inning baseball game (like last night) or an over time hockey game

I have to go with hockey.....given how tired and beat up they get by the time they reach OT, and the fact that in baseball you can know 60% of the time, when the go ahead or winning run is going to be scored (except for the homerun, which you never know about), while in hockey you never know when the goal will be scored.....so often it is a simple crazy play that wins it ....and so often, it comes from some unknown player

Your thoughts? (I know we all are huge baseball fans here, but let's try to be objective shall we :P)

I am a huge baseball and hockey fan. After seeing the classic Sox-As game last night, I started thinking about what is more fun: an extra inning baseball game (like last night) or an over time hockey game

I have to go with hockey.....given how tired and beat up they get by the time they reach OT, and the fact that in baseball you can know 60% of the time, when the go ahead or winning run is going to be scored (except for the homerun, which you never know about), while in hockey you never know when the goal will be scored.....so often it is a simple crazy play that wins it ....and so often, it comes from some unknown player

Your thoughts? (I know we all are huge baseball fans here, but let's try to be objective shall we  :P)

I have to go with Hockey because the game can end at any moment and because of that it is more exciting.

Brings back memories of the '96 West Semis with Colorado Facing the Hawks. We had like 3 games go into OT & one that went into 3OT. I never remember being so totally into a sporting event as that night (I was there).

Though I know, due to the timing of the respective seasons, that this scenario is impossible, if a playoff baseball game were on one channel, and a playoff hockey game were on another, I'd watch baseball. Of course, I'd flip over to hockey between innings. But, I am a baseball fan first and foremost.

Especially when it's 2 AM and it's in the 5th Overtime  :rolleyes:

I know you're being sarcastic, Killa, but I LOVE the 3rd OT and beyond!!!

Everyone's dead dog tired and nobody wants to wear the goat horns, yet everyone wants to try and win it. It's great!

The only thing I dislike about OT playoff hockey is the hitting goes down for fear of a penalty. Other than that, OT playoff hockey is perfect.