cameron?

toasty

Yeah he's a free agent this year but I don't think he'll be comin back in 2004. He's still dirty with da club for lettin him go and I don't think he'd ever come back to play with us. Playin at Safeco really hurt his numbers though.

Did I hear someone say mike cameron is a fa this year? he hits very very well at the cell, wonder if he might consider signing back with chicago??

Do I think he will comeback to play here?

Yes I do

I just don't want to give him $10 million to come here, because that's probably what it would take to get him here, because of the fact that he was treated like s*** by this organization(tell me, is that the first time we've heard that before? Karma bites people in the ass, and you wonder why the White Sox have been mediocre for the past 3 years?)

guess it would depend on if cameron saw it as business or just personal crappage... if the sox cant keep colon, then i could see them signing a fa pitcher...and as nice as pettite might be, his stock is thru the roof and we wont pay for him... so be ready for a mid level pitcher, and having more cash for position players.

guess it would depend on if cameron saw it as business or just personal crappage...  if the sox cant keep colon, then i could see them signing a fa pitcher...and as nice as pettite might be, his stock is thru the roof and we wont pay for him... so be ready for a mid level pitcher, and having more cash for position players.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. If Colon is gone, but Ponson is signed for $5-$7 mill a year, and that extra $3-$7 mill that we save in that is used to deepen the team and make it, overall, more dangerous, I am all for it.

I am not at all impressed with ponson's performance in SF in the second half.... call it the NL difference if you want, but im not convinced he's the answer....

and no, freddy garcia is not either....

is there a list of the potential free agents this year up anywhere yet???

I am not at all impressed with ponson's performance in SF in the second half.... call it the NL difference if you want, but im not convinced he's the answer....

Toasty- go here to see the list of free agents: http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=10533

Uh, I hate to do this, but DUH he's not the answer. I hope that doesn't come off mean or anything, but almost everyone knows the White Sox by now...always settle for 2nd best. They'll be Colon Jr. in the offseason, but Ponson will not be Bartolo Colon. I figure if we do get him, he'll have decent stats.

I think Ponson mite resign back with Baltimore actually, if they get Pettite as well that'd be 1 heck of a rotation they'd be startin to build. Garcia mite do good if he gets out of Seattle and Cammy will be playin for Colorado if they can get rid of Jay Payton. Call it a hunch.

Since we arealmost certainly going to lose Colon, we'll have to sign someone to fill his spot.  We can't go into ST hoping to find a 4 & a 5.

Shoe, Rauch, Stewart and Cotts will fight it out for da 5th starter's job, but we need to sign some1 to fill the no. 3 or no. 4 spot, since we can't just assume Jon Garland's gonna move up a spot after the year he had. Ponson at 3 wouldn't look too bad, or even Garcia or Weaver.

Shoe, Rauch, Stewart and Cotts will fight it out for da 5th starter's job, but we need to sign some1 to fill the no. 3 or no. 4 spot, since we can't just assume Jon Garland's gonna move up a spot after the year he had. Ponson at 3 wouldn't look too bad, or even Garcia or Weaver.

Ponson, ok. Garcia or Weaver... no thank you.

Ok I'll chuck in some more names to consider as well. Think most of em r free agents this off - season but I'm not too sure.

Miguel Batista - Arizona

Brian Anderson - Kansas City

Wilson Alvarez - Los Angeles

Adam Eaton - San Diego

Ryan Franklin - Seattle

Danny Graves - Cincinatti

Livan Hernandez - Montreal

Jason Marquis - Atlanta

Tim Redding - Houston

Jeff Suppan - Boston

Jarrod Washburn - Anaheim

Washburn and Scott Spiezio's contracts ended end of this year. Washburn made $3,875,000, Spiezio $4.25 million.

Ok I'll chuck in some more names to consider as well. Think most of em r free agents this off - season but I'm not too sure.

Miguel Batista - Arizona

Adam Eaton - San Diego

Ryan Franklin - Seattle

Jason Marquis - Atlanta

Tim Redding - Houston

Jeff Suppan - Boston

Washburn and Scott Spiezio's contracts ended end of this year. Washburn made $3,875,000, Spiezio $4.25 million.

I'd like to have Batista or Brian Anderson from that list. We all know Anderson can be a successful 4th guy in the rotation, and Batista is starting to figure out how to win as a starter in Arizona.

CWSOX45

Miguel Batista - Arizona

Adam Eaton - San Diego

Ryan Franklin - Seattle

Jason Marquis - Atlanta

Tim Redding - Houston

Jeff Suppan - Boston

I'd like to have Batista or Brian Anderson from that list. We all know Anderson can be a successful 4th guy in the rotation, and Batista is starting to figure out how to win as a starter in Arizona.

CWSOX45

Brian Anderson has absolutely no stuff at all.... I wouldn't waste my $$ on that hack... Tim Redding is interesting though... highly touted by the Astros when he came out. GOOOD sinker... I'd take a chance on him.

Miguel Batista - Arizona

Adam Eaton - San Diego

Ryan Franklin - Seattle

Jason Marquis - Atlanta

Tim Redding - Houston

Jeff Suppan - Boston

CWSOX45

Brian Anderson has absolutely no stuff at all.... I wouldn't waste my $$ on that hack... Tim Redding is interesting though... highly touted by the Astros when he came out. GOOOD sinker... I'd take a chance on him.

I would luv Jarrod Washburn the most from that list. The guy won about 18 games a year ago and can seriously pitch big time, and he's a lefty as well.

Miguel Batista - Arizona

Adam Eaton - San Diego

Ryan Franklin - Seattle

Jason Marquis - Atlanta

Tim Redding - Houston

Jeff Suppan - Boston

CWSOX45

How much is Anderson asking for? He had pretty decent numbers this year. I'd take that for a fifth starter.

CWSOX45

I'd take Livan Hernandez from that list.  Right there is next year's Loaiza.

Well if we get him let's hope he'll show up for a whole season and not just be Mr. October again. I think if JM was still here, him coming would be a distinct possibility from their Florida days but I'd doubt it now.