Pittsburg Unrest

greg775

I'm trying to read the facts. Pittsburgh police shot a 17 year old kid three times in the back and he was unarmed. Last 3 days/nights there have been protests in Pittsburgh. There's apparently evidence of a video showing the kid doing something apparently wrong a few hours earlier. http://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2018/06/22/Antwon-Rose-II-video-Stephen-A-Zappala-Jr-Coleman-McDonough-East-Pittsburgh-North-Braddock/stories/201806220214

My take is the same. Very very sad to lose another young life when an unarmed kid gets shot and killed. When are police going to learn they have to taze unarmed individuals or stop them in a way that does not kill the individual? That said, I am against the protests shutting down highways and forcing people to not leave the Pittsburgh Pirates game. I just wish all these people that march on the expressway would get arrested. It is dangerous and ridiculous to protest on the highways. I am wondering how many of these protestors are from Pittsburgh and how many are from other states? At any rate, it's summertime and this situation could really escalate. Shutting down highways in protest is not the answer. Why not just head to the biggest area downtown, most cities have such areas, and protest there??

No matter what you want to say about the dangers of being a police officer, they seem to be in the wrong in most all of these horrible incidents of killing unarmed individuals. I wonder is this is the same?

Edited by greg775

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The biggest area of downtown Pittsburgh is the area that 20,000 people walk past on their way out of every Pirates game. 

Is it right by the entrances and exits? The area is right there by the gates? Interesting if so.

The fans couldn't get out cause of protestors. What they had against Pirates fans is not apparent. I would guess 90 to 99 percent of the fans were not in favor of some cop shooting an unarmed kid.

Edited by greg775

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Is it right by the entrances and exits? The area is right there by the gates? Interesting if so.

The fans couldn't get out cause of protestors. What they had against Pirates fans is not apparent. I would guess 90 to 99 percent of the fans were not in favor of some cop shooting an unarmed kid.

When that game ends, half of the crowd will walk across the Roberto Clemente bridge to downtown, where they'll park. It's really quite a nice setup for the city. If there was a large protest downtown, then that half of the crowd would be walking straight into the protest lines. There's no where for two separate large crowds of people to go.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

When that game ends, half of the crowd will walk across the Roberto Clemente bridge to downtown, where they'll park. It's really quite a nice setup for the city. If there was a large protest downtown, then that half of the crowd would be walking straight into the protest lines. There's no where for two separate large crowds of people to go.

Thanks for explanation. I can't believe Balta was nice in a response to Greg. Usually I fear the wrath and venom.