For those who care..........

Bmr31

I accepted a position in Las vegas. My salary and benefits will be VERY similar to my previous job. I could not have gotten this position without an EXCELLENT reference from my previous employer. I guess that rules out some of my haters "theories". lmao...............anyway, I start Monday. I will be out of town for a week for training, so if you miss me next week, thats where I will be........... :cheers

I accepted a position in Las vegas. My salary and benefits will be VERY similar to my previous job.  I could not have gotten this position without an EXCELLENT reference from my previous employer.  I guess that rules out some of my haters "theories". lmao...............anyway,  I start Monday. I will be out of town for a week for training, so if you miss me next week, thats where I will be........... :cheers

Hey congrats! :cheers I hope the new job works out well for you.

Hey congrats!  :cheers I hope the new job works out well for you.

Thanks, man. It seems like a great company. The "upward mobility" may even be better than my last company, so who knows. :huh: One thing i DO know, I much prefer living in vegas, than middle of nowhere Texas.

Thanks, man.  It seems like a great company.  The "upward mobility" may even be better than my last company, so who knows.  :huh: One thing i DO know, I much prefer living in vegas, than middle of nowhere Texas.

Where in Texas were you?

I was in Littlefield a couple of weeks ago.  That's about 45 minutes west of Lubbock. Windswept west Texas plain.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay north of where i was bro. Texas is such a big state, you can drive for HOURS within it.................

No doubt about that.  But when said middle of nowhere Texas .... well, that's where I was too.  :lol:

LOL!! Other than a few large cities, ALL of Texas is like that.............. :usa But I have no regrets. Its a decent state and I did meet several great people there.......

LOL!!  Other than a few large cities, ALL of Texas is like that.............. :usa    But I have no regrets.  Its a decent state and I did meet several great people there.......

I could be living in the Dallas area before too long. Don't know yet. I'll have to see what happens.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well its about damn time you got off your lazy ass and did something...... ;) wow a whole week without you gracing us with all your charm here on the boards...hmmmm can anyone say party whoo hooo..... :D :P ... anyway congrats bmr hope it all works out good for ya....... :cheers :headbang

no s***?  I used to work in Conroe...& the Woodlands.  The Woodlands is nice now; all built around the golf course, etc...

Yeah my dad lived there for a few years. I spent two summers in Conroe, and one in Montgomery. I loved the area down there, I'd move back in a heartbeat if they had my kind of work down there.

Woodlands was a little out of my families league ;) . I actually drove through that whole area last summer and couldn't believe it. It has changed so much I was in shock.

Yeah my dad lived there for a few years.  I spent two summers in Conroe, and one in Montgomery.  I loved the area down there, I'd move back in a heartbeat if they had my kind of work down there.

Tell me about it...the run-of-the-mill steak joints down there are practically gourment compared to Outbacks, etc...getting something like Chili's ribs here is hilarious after you've had them down there; there's that much of a difference with their supply. And Houston strip joints? hehe...

Tell me about it...the run-of-the-mill steak joints down there are practically gourment compared to Outbacks, etc...getting something like Chili's ribs here is hilarious after you've had them down there; there's that much of a difference with their supply.  And Houston strip joints?  hehe...

Man oh man you aren't kidding about the steak joints either. A Saltgrass down there blows away most anything except the best places up here. I don't know if it is still there or not, but there used to be a place in Conroe where you could order your cut by the ounce. When I was down there before, I did make sure to stop by the stockyards in Ft Worth for dinner. I also made sure I had some BBQ while I was down there.

A sure fire way to spot someone who has never been in TX before? When you mention BBQ, they ask what is being BBQ'd.