Martin Perez thread

Buehrle>Wood

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see that price being even close to being realistic.  Let’s all remember how good Morton was when he signed his 2/$30M deal.  Yes he took a hometown discount, but Miley is nowhere near the same level ability-wise and also is 33 years old.  He may get a two year deal, but I’d wager it’s around $20M max.

And Morton was 35

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see that price being even close to being realistic.  Let’s all remember how good Morton was when he signed his 2/$30M deal.  Yes he took a hometown discount, but Miley is nowhere near the same level ability-wise and also is 33 years old.  He may get a two year deal, but I’d wager it’s around $20M max.

We also have to remember that it's not 2018 in terms of what pitching is costing. So many teams  are prioritizing it now. If Hamels at his age can get 1/18  2 years for Miley at $20M seems low to me.Remember we are talking about acquiring him not paying what's fair or realistic in your mind.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

The nice thing about Keuchel/Bum is I just have high confidence in availability. With Ryu I’d really want someone we know will be around. Nova becomes a real option then. 

Otherwise you can take those risks with Walker as 5th starter. 

Id like them to give the Ervin Santana deal to Salazar and see if they can get a team option with a guaranteed buyout in year 2.

Your 1st sentence is probably where we differ. Not real sure with Boras and perhaps preferences for the NL and California that I can have confidence in their availability . These guys might be the ones Boras takes his time with, taking advantage of the markets desperation . That might be why we are seeing many of the other guys like Wacha Roark Lindblom Perez being snatched up quickly. It might be time to act on a Miley now.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Your 1st sentence is probably where we differ. Not real sure with Boras and perhaps preferences for the NL and California that I can have confidence in their availability . These guys might be the ones Boras takes his time with, taking advantage of the markets desperation . That might be why we are seeing many of the other guys like Wacha Roark Lindblom Perez being snatched up quickly. It might be time to act on a Miley now.

Sorry, availability meant health. I have zero doubt they are making 25-28 starts next year.