GW not the only one who needs a history lesson

southsider2k5

So much love in the air.

Sad. I wonder what it would take to unite the world. Alien invasion perhaps? Worldwide super contagious disease?

I thought a Cubs loss would do the trick, but I guess I was wrong :huh:

I didn't want to trivalize this but; the world could take a lesson from most of Chicago and unite in hating the Bartman :rolleyes: But even then there are some evil doers who idolize the Bartman :notworthy :drink

We really, really need to invite him to post here.

This is exactly what is believed fervently in much of the Moslem world. It is a big reason why I have so much issue with Bush and Co foreign policy. Not because I hate the West like most of the orthodox Left does these days, but because I fear for the ultimate survivability of Western Civilization. Bush thru his triggermen Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, etc may have started WW3. They are many ways to neutralize and/or defeat an enemy. Sheer firepower alone is not going to win this "War on Terror." Apparently the Bush people don't understand this. Then on the other side you have the Dems who would just roll over in the supine position. No original thinkers in either party at a time it is needed most. No Churchills, Roosevelts or DeGaulles in our midst, just a bunch of dolts. I'm probably going to "waste my vote" on some third party candidate in 2004. Probably the Liberterian candidate.

IMHO we've lost the ability to rationaly and systematically solve a series of problems. We look for the one size fits all, fits into a 30 minute time block less commercials, and allows for some really good sound bytes to get us re-elected.

IMHO we've lost the ability to rationaly and systematically solve a series of problems. We look for the one size fits all, fits into a 30 minute time block less commercials, and allows for some really good sound bytes to get us re-elected.

Because, unfortunately, that's what works.

You can't win the hearts and minds of the world with bombs. You do that with words. And some actions.

This is a war for the hearts and minds of the world. Period. You take out what you have to take out militarily - and the rest of the time you bomb them with butter. That can get kind of messy though. Seriously, you ever wash butter out of your clothes? No, I never could either. Maybe if i try Wisk....

Final Victory sound like the Final Solution to anyone else?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../islamic_summit

And people wonder why Isreal is so aggressive. It's like I quoted from "The Sum of All Fears" (the novel not the stupid remake on film ) ....

"When the stated goal of your enemy is your complete annihilation, there is no defensive measure that can be considered 'extreme'."

It may be direct from a work of fiction but it rings so true in this case.

This is exactly what is believed fervently in much of the Moslem world. It is a big reason why I have so much issue with Bush and Co foreign policy. Not because I hate the West like most of the orthodox Left does these days, but because I fear for the ultimate survivability of Western Civilization. Bush thru his triggermen Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, etc may have started WW3. They are many ways to neutralize and/or defeat an enemy. Sheer firepower alone is not going to win this "War on Terror." Apparently the Bush people don't understand this. Then on the other side you have the Dems who would just roll over in the supine position. No original thinkers in either party at a time it is needed most. No Churchills, Roosevelts or DeGaulles in our midst, just a bunch of dolts. I'm probably going to "waste my vote" on some third party candidate in 2004. Probably the Liberterian candidate.

The "War against Terrorism" began well before 9-11. The war against terrorism began when the WTC was bombed the 1st time back in 1993. It snowballed from there until it came to an awful head on 9-11.

Islamic terrorists started this war against us in Feb of 1993, then it progressed through Somaila, Kohbar Towers in 1996, the Embassy bombings in 1998, the USS Cole bombing in 2000 and then, of course 9-11.

What did Bill Clinton as Commander in Chief do to combat this tide of Islamic terrorism? Lets have a look see shall we?

1. He gutted the U.S. military taking us down from 14 Army divisions to 10, along with a bunch of Air Force fighter wings.

2. Stripped the intelligence gathering agencies of a great portion of their funding and placed restrictions on the type of people who the CIA and NSA were allowed to recruit. The rational for that madness was that we needed to recruit only nice people who had no dirt on their hands so our image as a "nice guy" wouldn't suffer.

3. Told the government of Sudan, when they had Bin Laden and were ready to hand him over to us in 1996, to go to hell, that we didn't want him.

4. Adopted and enforced the unofficial policy of "Cut and Run" by turning tail and running from Somaila right after the Mogadishu incident, by not responding at all to the Kohbar Towers incident OR the bombing of the USS Cole, and by lobbing a few missiles at empty training camps inside Afghanistan.

For the reasons listed above and many more that I don't have time to sit here and write about, the word got out to anyone that was listening, especially the islamic extremist perps of all the above mentioned attacks, that it was OK to f*** with America. It told the world that we didn't have the balls to respond when attacked, that we would cut and run.

Fortunately, when 9-11 finally happened we had a President in place with the balls to steady the country and to go deal with the problem. I shudder to think what would have happened to this country after 9-11 had a soft ass tree hugger like ALGORE or any of these democratic wannabe Presidents had been in office.