zisk

The blingy thing about Adolfo was the cannon he had in right field. If he lost that he lost a lot of sparkle. His power was impressive as far as upside, if not accomplishment,  but that arm was the closing argument. I have not heard how that’s been going. But without it….

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Haha 1

For Adolfo, between the injuries and COVID, he's simply run out of time, IMO.

If his K-rate was in the high ~20s% in AA, one could squint and maybe see a path for him to come up to Chicago before he's exposed to Rule 5 at year's end. His profile does look like a lot of the "raw power/shitty contact" types that used to overpopulate the SOX farm system just a few years back.

I think they should continue to inflate his value, and use him to land another piece that can help now. It could end up hurting, as the lad's got talent. But without a lot of trade ammo, ya gotta use what you've got.

For Adolfo, he's gotta want a change of scenery by this point. And maybe it could be a good thing for his career as well.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

For Adolfo, between the injuries and COVID, he's simply run out of time, IMO.

If his K-rate was in the high ~20s% in AA, one could squint and maybe see a path for him to come up to Chicago before he's exposed to Rule 5 at year's end. His profile does look like a lot of the "raw power/shitty contact" types that used to overpopulate the SOX farm system just a few years back.

I think they should continue to inflate his value, and use him to land another piece that can help now. It could end up hurting, as the lad's got talent. But without a lot of trade ammo, ya gotta use what you've got.

For Adolfo, he's gotta want a change of scenery by this point. And maybe it could be a good thing for his career as well.

Micker is already on the 40, so Rule 5 isn't the issue.  He is out of options next year, so his spot needs to be decided before opening day.

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Micker is already on the 40, so Rule 5 isn't the issue.  He is out of options next year, so his spot needs to be decided before opening day.

Thats right, thanks. 

I still think he's out of time in this org, in that I can't see him being a part of the future, given his shortcomings. I'd much rather trade Adolfo for a rental than trade Tatis or Bailey at this point.

22 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Thats right, thanks. 

I still think he's out of time in this org, in that I can't see him being a part of the future, given his shortcomings. I'd much rather trade Adolfo for a rental than trade Tatis or Bailey at this point.

The issue is that the team trading for him faces the same time crunch and sees the same 36% K rate that everyone else does.  If they think he is worth having on the roster next year, sure.  But I think everyone sees him as a guy that still needs more time.