"Hitting" the Skids or WTF happened to the LHH ?

https://www.soxon35th.com/breaking-down-a-struggling-white-sox-offense/

I'll just start off with that which is fairly in depth.

I will also add some things on my own just from looking at Left handed hitters splits among all MLB teams YTD.

Batting Average: White Sox 30th .182, Yankees 29th .198

OBP: White Sox 30th .235, 29th Tampa Bay .267

That is a HUGE gap between the 2 worst OBP teams that's how bad the Sox have been hitting LH.

Slg. %: White Sox 30th .258. ,Tigers 29th .304.

Slg. % is my favorite stat and there is another HUGE gap between the worst and 2nd worst team. That's how bad the LHH on the Sox has been.

OPS: White Sox 30th .493 , Tigers 29th .583

Wow the Sox are just beyond TERRIBLE hitting LH . Another HUGE gap between the 2 worst teams.

Looking at all this I feel confident in saying that Ted Williams using just one hand could do better.

Looking at it another way however might be a way to provide a solution . The Sox are 25th in AB among RHH . Not that surprising since we all know they are a predominantly RHH team . But who has the most LH AB's in the majors can point out some potential trade partners. Diamondbacks, Mets, Pirates, Mariners, Giants, Rays, National, Padres.

However, LHH sucks throughout baseball, which seems odd considering they have a platoon advantage. Only half the LHH teams have a cumulative Batting average of over .230 and only 9 teams have a LHH Slg. % at .400+.

Guess which teams have the best LHH stats in all of baseball ? Why it's the Twins and the Guardians (Astros 3rd ) !! So somehow they have managed to do very well in that aspect while perhaps at the same time being much more aggressive in pursuit of LHH at the expense of the White Sox.

So much fail it defies logic !

44 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

https://www.soxon35th.com/breaking-down-a-struggling-white-sox-offense/

I'll just start off with that which is fairly in depth.

I will also add some things on my own just from looking at Left handed hitters splits among all MLB teams YTD.

Batting Average: White Sox 30th .182, Yankees 29th .198

OBP: White Sox 30th .235, 29th Tampa Bay .267

That is a HUGE gap between the 2 worst OBP teams that's how bad the Sox have been hitting LH.

Slg. %: White Sox 30th .258. ,Tigers 29th .304.

Slg. % is my favorite stat and there is another HUGE gap between the worst and 2nd worst team. That's how bad the LHH on the Sox has been.

OPS: White Sox 30th .493 , Tigers 29th .583

Wow the Sox are just beyond TERRIBLE hitting LH . Another HUGE gap between the 2 worst teams.

Looking at all this I feel confident in saying that Ted Williams using just one hand could do better.

Looking at it another way however might be a way to provide a solution . The Sox are 25th in AB among RHH . Not that surprising since we all know they are a predominantly RHH team . But who has the most LH AB's in the majors can point out some potential trade partners. Diamondbacks, Mets, Pirates, Mariners, Giants, Rays, National, Padres.

However, LHH sucks throughout baseball, which seems odd considering they have a platoon advantage. Only half the LHH teams have a cumulative Batting average of over .230 and only 9 teams have a LHH Slg. % at .400+.

Guess which teams have the best LHH stats in all of baseball ? Why it's the Twins and the Guardians (Astros 3rd ) !! So somehow they have managed to do very well in that aspect while perhaps at the same time being much more aggressive in pursuit of LHH at the expense of the White Sox.

So much fail it defies logic !

LHHers the new Moneyball niche.  The week before getting ahead in counts.

That said, the Guardians continue to hang in there offensively with a no name offense outside of Ramirez.  I mean, who the heck is Oscar Gonzalez and where did he come from?  

Could be at .500 after tonight and enjoying the easiest June schedule of the three teams.

Other than Jose Ramirez, their entire starting lineup has come from just the Clevinger and Lindor deals, and the under the radar Myles Straw move (and extension) when the Astros chose McCormick.  And that doesn’t even include Quantrill on the pitching side.  Impressive retooling effort as per usual.  If they could somehow get the old Karinchak back, they would be even more formidable.  Thank god they don’t have double the payroll like the Sox do.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

hitting the skids is what I call the next day's coffee after I drink 10 beers and don't eat anything before bed.

Which is exactly how bad the left handed hitting has been. Not just this year, but in the whole history of the franchise. It's the real curse of why the Sox can never win.

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Which is exactly how bad the left handed hitting has been. Not just this year, but in the whole history of the franchise. It's the real curse of why the Sox can never win.

It is why I was a huuuge advocate of getting Harper. Star power and LHB. Sox should give up the farm for any cost controlled stud left handed hitter who came available - even more so if they were a good defensive outfielder too!!! Does anyone fit that bill that might be out there…cause if there was package the whole system up and go get ‘em. 

43 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It is why I was a huuuge advocate of getting Harper. Star power and LHB. Sox should give up the farm for any cost controlled stud left handed hitter who came available - even more so if they were a good defensive outfielder too!!! Does anyone fit that bill that might be out there…cause if there was package the whole system up and go get ‘em. 

Juan Soto and even he's having a little bit of an off year for him. He's getting walked a ton as usual but his BA , OBP, SLG, OPS all below even his 19 yr. old rookie numbers. Would definitely have to give up Eloy and more for him. Nats would probably want Kopech or Montgomery and whoever else shines in our system too .

Plus there's no pitching depth in the minors. Vera hasn't even pitched yet. Problem is if the Nats were selling on him there would be a lot of bidders more equipped (better farm systems) to land him. But he's not a FA until 2025 so would get him for 2.5 seasons if the the Nats decide to trade him. He's making $17M this year so can't imagine what he'll make for the last 2 years. Record arbitration stuff I would imagine. Nats offer 13 yrs $350M but he said no in February. Boras is his agent and the speculation is he could be the 1st 1/2 Billion dollar contract in baseball.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Juan Soto and even he's having a little bit of an off year for him. He's getting walked a ton as usual but his BA , OBP, SLG, OPS all below even his 19 yr. old rookie numbers. Would definitely have to give up Eloy and more for him. Nats would probably want Kopech or Montgomery and whoever else shines in our system too .

Plus there's no pitching depth in the minors. Vera hasn't even pitched yet. Problem is if the Nats were selling on him there would be a lot of bidders more equipped (better farm systems) to land him. But he's not a FA until 2025 so would get him for 2.5 seasons if the the Nats decide to trade him. He's making $17M this year so can't imagine what he'll make for the last 2 years. Record arbitration stuff I would imagine. Nats offer 13 yrs $350M but he said no in February. Boras is his agent and the speculation is he could be the 1st 1/2 Billion dollar contract in baseball.

Vaughn, Vera, Kopech and Montgomery.  The White Sox wouldn’t even give him over $350 million even if there was no prohibitive cost in talent to consider.  Non-starter.

Padres would offer Abrams, Hassell, Campusano, Weathers, etc.  We can’t match that without impacting our major league team even moreso than we would be adding, assuming Vaughn was playing 1st where he actually belongs.