How I'd fix this

CentralChamps21

yep, only way I can see Joe Kelly going anywhere is taking another "meh" contract. That's why I put Castellanos in that scenario. That said, Nick doesn't really make the Sox better. You get another subpar fielder, that costs more than Eloy. 

4 years, 80mm for Castellanos

for 

4 years, $58mm for Eloy

1.5 years, $13mm'ish for Kelly

Phillies need bullpen help. This would give us a better defensive RF (sadly) because that's how bad we are in RF. 

Only real issue is the fit for Phillies for Eloy. They're hiding Schwarber in LF currently. Eloy would have to be DH. They are similar to us that they have way too many station guys. 

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Nobody is going to want to take Joe Kelly and that contract unless we send significant money along with him.

Ruiz makes sense because he will lose his spot on the roster to Tatis in the next couple of weeks.  Although they might prefer to dump Grisham.  That’s a tough call whether that guy can ever rebound this season, a truly Pollock like year except Grisham is a very solid defender and provides occasional/inconsistent pop from the LH side.

We just did this with double the contract on Craig Kimbrel.