The 2023 Spreadsheet: Offseason Teambuilder Resource

bmags

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jErNNEJmtDVPn2O0uGH1KWcJk1HPK1KglImWNw1ptPk/edit?usp=sharing

After you open, go to File > Make a copy

I locked access to just view on the main spreadsheet, so you need to make a copy  to use it.

This year I just used fangraphs crowdsource salaries and some of spotrac's market value to fill in the FA salaries. Then used a pretty simple $2.5M for smaller FAs. Probably overpaying, but, whatever you can adjust.

If there is an issue with sox team salaries, I don't care, just change it on your own. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, bmags said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jErNNEJmtDVPn2O0uGH1KWcJk1HPK1KglImWNw1ptPk/edit?usp=sharing

After you open, go to File > Make a copy

I locked access to just view on the main spreadsheet, so you need to make a copy  to use it.

This year I just used fangraphs crowdsource salaries and some of spotrac's market value to fill in the FA salaries. Then used a pretty simple $2.5M for smaller FAs. Probably overpaying, but, whatever you can adjust.

If there is an issue with sox team salaries, I don't care, just change it on your own. 

Can i not add other players to trade for?  Sorry, first time filling this out.

Here's my thrown together offseason. Over 5 million. Sue me.

Hendriks for Montas works both financially and logically for both teams. (works easily trade value wise).  This bullpen could still be pretty good with the return of Crochet and a bounce back from one of Kelly/Bummer.

Traded Romy Gonzalez for Stone Garrett since the DBacks left him off the 40 man AND we have Sosa, Yolbert, Leury and my signing of Frazier to cover 2B. (works trade value wise)

Signed Conforto (of course), but could swap Bellinger instead. Signed Frazier as a relatively cheap bounce back who can primarily play 2B but can also cover the corners. Brought in Knebel cheap, and brought back Engel to start out at the 4th OF until Garrett brings himself on.  I ideally wanted a better 4th OF but due to roster constraints I decided to go with Frazier over Kiermaier due to flexibility and LH bat.  I let Mendick go since we have many others in the minors who can likely do what he does (named above).

Screenshot (10).png

• Like 1

I like it. You more or less worked within the budget. Garrett for Romy is plausible. I've recently been saying Burger or Yolbert so Romy fits right in among who it might take to get Garrett. I always applaud effort for the time it takes to do what you and Bmags did. I just hope Az. isn't looking for pitching for Garrett.

Mets just picked up 2 pitchers who were DFA'd in a trade with Marlins. Sox need pitching too. Hahn still sucking his thumb in the fetal position when he could be building depth now for scraps. Scraps for scraps let's go get some more useful pieces.

• Like 1