White Sox move up one spot in MLB Power Rankings

caulfield12

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-power-rankings-for-week-10

And the Tigers are in midst of basically giving away their spot just ahead of the White Sox, losing again to the Phillies at home 8-3 at this exact moment in time.

What will be the peak for the White Sox this season...from here on out?

21st?

Anyone willing to go out on a limb and predict 11-15 or 16-20?

Edited by caulfield12

Twins at 10 strikes me as way too high. I get that their pitching is electric right now, but I see it as unsustainable, especially Ober and Duran (getting "lucky" with very low BABIP). Same thing with the Mariners, but who cares about the AL West. 

Tough schedule this month, I think if we can win the majority of series and go something like 14-8 the rest of the way, being ranked 21st by July 1 seems about right. That's a big ask though, to expect the Sox to beat teams they ought to beat (Miami, Seattle, Boston, Anaheim).  Team performance this month should make it clear what the team needs to do with the roster; maybe we should've punted on the season starting a month ago, but if we play .500 ball or worse the rest of the month, there really is no hope for this season. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1