Let It Be...Naked

aboz56

First world realease on Nov 17, in the States the Tuesday after, right?? I have been wating for months for this one!

The "Let it Be" cut from the album was aired on BBC 2 on Oct 28th. I have yet to search out an mp3 of the track but I'm sure there's a bunch out there now.

Thats it, PA!!  I'm officially slapping you with a Beatle-bashing Gag Order!!  :angry:

I'm doing you a favor actually, because one day your gonna get struck by lightening if you keep it up.  The Big G is a HUGE Beatles fan, y'know.  :)

haha, I'm a fan...just a well listened and opinionated one. :D and one that happens to think the beatles are a tad overrated :lol:

haha, I'm a fan...just a well listened and opinionated one. :D  and one that happens to think the beatles are a tad overrated :lol:

you could be banned for dumb post of the year :angry:

The Beatles are as over rated as Mozart, Beethoven, Einstein, Luther, and Edison.

haha, I'm a fan...just a well listened and opinionated one. :D  and one that happens to think the beatles are a tad overrated :lol:

The Beatles are as over rated as Mozart, Beethoven, Einstein, Luther, and Edison.

yeah, see... I've always like Bach, Brahms, Calvin and Bell...myself:)

for matching Luther and Calvin in under 5 minutes, you earn a one time exemption from harsh things thrown your way for questioning the Beatles supremecy - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do it again about the Beatles and even if you post about Melanchthon and Zwingli and Bucer and Oecelcampadius it won't save you :headbang :headbang :headbang

the Beatles - everythiog today flows from them. They cannot be over rated. They are sui generis.

PS Some day tell me how you know the Luther-Calvin relationship - I have been re-researching that recently for about the 3,000th time in my life

for matching Luther and Calvin in under 5 minutes, you earn a one time exemption from harsh things thrown your way for questioning the Beatles supremecy - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do it again about the Beatles and even if you post about Melanchthon and Zwingli and Bucer and Oecelcampadius it won't save you :headbang :headbang :headbang

the Beatles - everythiog today flows from them. They cannot be over rated. They are sui generis.

PS Some day tell me how you know the Luther-Calvin relationship - I have been re-researching that recently for about the 3,000th time in my life

He is a pretty sharp kid when it comes to religion. He has always impressed me with his biblical knowledge, and history surrounding the bible. Now when it comes to music he needs some help :lol:

fpr matching Luther and Calvin in under 5 minutes, you earn a one time exemption from harsh things thrown your way for questioning the Beatles supremecy - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just disagree in the musical but not a corporate sense. Musically, George, paul, and john (not ringo..he's an idiot)...didn't wake up and start making perfect music, they have influences and "ripped off" their favorite bands. However, nothing ever has occurred like the Beatle mania/British invasion. The Beatles should be herrolded (sp?) as innovators of pop music....they are the first pop group (maybe elvis is the first pop music icon...) anyway....

as for Calvin...

apparently I don't show off my biblical knowledge enough. (then again, I'm kind of a jerk alot, so I'd hate to misrepresent my persona or views....I'm really a nice guy in person. right mike? haha)

Musically, George, paul, and john (not ringo..he's an idiot)...didn't wake up and start making perfect music, they have influences and "ripped off" their favorite bands. However, nothing ever has occurred like the Beatle mania/British invasion. The Beatles should be herrolded (sp?) as innovators of pop music....they are the first pop group (maybe elvis is the first pop music icon...) anyway....

Ringo, one of great drummers of all times - look at all the types of music he played perfectly for -

of course the Beatles had influences on them but they changed everything - everything - nothing today musically exists without having been influenced by them - rock would have died in the mid 60s and it all would ahve been so different, maybe unless you lived it and saw the cataclysmic sea change pre and post beatles it would be more evident than hindsight allows... cuz I cannot think of anything culturally since February 1964 that matches the impact of the Beatles first appearance on Ed Sullivan and then the massive changes the Beates wrought in the directions they took from Meet the Beatles to Sgt Peppers to White Album and Revolver to Let it be - that was an incredible creative journey and simply changed everything

everything

they changed it all

Like talking about printing books without mentioing Guttenberg

I feel sorry for anyone who actually thinks the Beatles ripped off other bands. They may have been influenced by artists, they did not rip off anyone. Try telling that to Glenn Gass, professor of Music and the leader of the Music of the Beatles Z401 at Indiana University since 1982. (BTW, pulled an A in there.) :D

Listen to Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, The White Album and Abbey Road and then tell me that.

:rolleyes:

I feel sorry for anyone who actually thinks the Beatles ripped off other bands.  They may have been influenced by artists, they did not rip off anyone.  Try telling that to Glenn Gass, professor of Music and the leader of the Music of the Beatles Z401 at Indiana University since 1982.  (BTW, pulled an A in there.)  :D

Listen to Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, The White Album and Abbey Road and then tell me that.

:rolleyes:

I listened to Pet Sounds:) and I've listened to Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and buddy holly...

people were playing 1-4-5 music long before the Beatles....they were just the ones that exploded onto the scene because probably they had all the right elements needed to make the difference in music. I'm not trying to take away from what they've accomplished...just trying to say that they're not the originators of what they do.

How do electronic bands like Crystal Method or Chemical Brothers take their influences from the beatles anyway?

the beatles took a relatively blank canvas and threw crap at it....alot of it stuck and worked, but some of it didn't. The internet was blocks and squares until the boom in the mid 90s....then sites like yahoo and ebay came along and changed everything. Alot of sites have come and gone. alot of bands have come and gone.

nevermind...you knuckle heads will never get it:) :bang

in the immortal words of Grace Slick: child...

you are no getting it and willfully so. Iconoclastic revisionism is fun but not accurate.

Not going to argue. History and reality are on my side on this one.

boy, you've got to carry that weight a long time.

in the immortal words of Grace Slick: child...

you are no getting it and willfully so.  Iconoclastic revisionism is fun but not accurate.

Not going to argue.  History and reality are on my side on this one.

boy, you've got to carry that weight a long time.

yeah, yeah...just cos I'm not an old man like you... :rolleyes: :lol: When I mentioned Calvin earlier...was he an old friend?? :lolhitting ;)

as for the beatles issue...we'll never see eye to eye. I would just hope and pray that the beatles aren't your number 1 favorite band all-time.

I'll take Spiritualized, Pedro the Lion, Denison Witmer, Beta Band, The Verve, Appleseed Cast, or Coldplay over them anyday. :D

beatles=too basic.....hehe....here come's the mudslinging!