Loaiza named AL Comeback POY

SoxFan1

I don't think so.

We won't see another 21-9 2.90 season again....but next year I think it is safe to expect those above numbers slightly worse(maybe 15-10 with  3.50-4.00 ERA) and more innings, and more quality innings down the stretch(or in other words, we won't see another 7 inng outing where he gives up 5 runs, or a less then 4-inning outing where he gives up 6, both to the team that is right on our ass)

He threw something like 215 innings this year....so I don't see why 225-235 isn't possible.

I think that was a career high for innings pitched. He might not be able to go any more than that.

It seemed to me like he tired in September, so I wouldn't want to extend him. Those pitch counts can really affect you late in the year, right Dusty?

I don't think so.

We won't see another 21-9 2.90 season again....but next year I think it is safe to expect those above numbers slightly worse(maybe 15-10 with  3.50-4.00 ERA) and more innings, and more quality innings down the stretch(or in other words, we won't see another 7 inng outing where he gives up 5 runs, or a less then 4-inning outing where he gives up 6, both to the team that is right on our ass)

He threw something like 215 innings this year....so I don't see why 225-235 isn't possible.

I think that was a career high for innings pitched. He might not be able to go any more than that.

It seemed to me like he tired in September, so I wouldn't want to extend him. Those pitch counts can really affect you late in the year, right Dusty?

I think da Cubs r gonna hav a bad case of Tommy John Surgery next year. :lol:

You guys are taking a very short sided view of E-Los career. During a run from 4th grade to Junior in High School he won 85% of his starts.

I agree Comeback seemed odd.

I agree he's not going to go back to back 20.

I agree he's not going to slip back to 10 either.

I'm guessing, if the team is as good or better than last year, a 16-10 type of season.

I don't think this bodes well for Cy-Lo

I still is nice to be recognized but I doubt there is a bonus clause for comeback.