White Sox 26th in overall MLB/MiLB talent 26 and below

12 hours ago, nrockway said:

oh right, the incredible bats of Tim Anderson (.582 OPS) and Elvis Andrus (.662 OPS). oh yeah, Elvis is a free agent again by the way, I bet he's so lonesome he could cry (I don't think that was an Elvis song....whoa mama). I'm not exactly optimistic about this team, I just don't see any way it could be worse than it was last year.

Heartbreak Hotel was an Elvis hit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And they were replaced by the much more incredible bats of Paul DeJong (.612 OPS) and Nicky Lopez (.632 OPS)!  Add up the OPS’s of Anderson and Andrus and then DeJong and Lopez for a hilarious surprise.  They’ll play better defense but they won’t score any runs either.

right, I just think it's a funny way to write the article, like the Sox made this incredible gambit to "sacrifice offense" when realistically Elvis and Tim just sucked at everything last year and probably deserved to be replaced. still think I'd rather see Shewmake than Lopez personally. as someone named Nick, I think it reflects poorly on him that he still goes by Nicky and I think that has something to do with his relative lack of baseball talent. I could see Nick Lopez hitting 1.000 OPS and winning a gold glove. 

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Heartbreak Hotel was an Elvis hit.

oh yeah, that would've been a proper reference instead of the Hank Williams song he performed once. 

49 minutes ago, nrockway said:

right, I just think it's a funny way to write the article, like the Sox made this incredible gambit to "sacrifice offense" when realistically Elvis and Tim just sucked at everything last year and probably deserved to be replaced. still think I'd rather see Shewmake than Lopez personally. as someone named Nick, I think it reflects poorly on him that he still goes by Nicky and I think that has something to do with his relative lack of baseball talent. I could see Nick Lopez hitting 1.000 OPS and winning a gold glove. 

oh yeah, that would've been a proper reference instead of the Hank Williams song he performed once. 

Heartbreak Hotel was the song you referenced . The lyrics so lonesome I could cry are Heartbreak Hotels lyrics. That's what I was telling you. 😉

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Heartbreak Hotel was the song you referenced . The lyrics so lonesome I could cry are Heartbreak Hotels lyrics. That's what I was telling you. 😉

then he plagiarized it but I don't think you're correct. anyway...

3 minutes ago, nrockway said:

then he plagiarized it but I don't think you're correct. anyway...

It's very similar lyrics in Heartbreak Hotel . I don't know the Hank Williams song you were referencing so to me it was Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis.
"So lonely I could die"
Instead of "so lonesome I could cry" . Elvis probably liked Hank Williams but I don't know if Elvise wrote Heartbreak Hotel or if the lyrics were more of an homage to Williams or had nothing to do with Willams.

Heartbreak Hotel / Elvis Presley

Well, since my baby left me Well, I found a new place to dwell Well, it's down at the end of Lonely Street At Heartbreak Hotel Where I'll be, I'll be so lonely, baby Well, I'm so lonely I'll be so lonely, I could die.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:
It's very similar lyrics in Heartbreak Hotel . I don't know the Hank Williams song you were referencing so to me it was Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis.
"So lonely I could die"
Instead of "so lonesome I could cry" . Elvis probably liked Hank Williams but I don't know if Elvise wrote Heartbreak Hotel or if the lyrics were more of an homage to Williams or had nothing to do with Willams.

Heartbreak Hotel / Elvis Presley

Well, since my baby left me Well, I found a new place to dwell Well, it's down at the end of Lonely Street At Heartbreak Hotel Where I'll be, I'll be so lonely, baby Well, I'm so lonely I'll be so lonely, I could die.

Oh that's interesting, thanks. Hadn't heard the song before. I would imagine a homage, I suppose Hank was dead by the time this song was written and I would imagine country music writers in the 1950s would have respected him deeply. I was joking about the plagiarism comment, everyone just says that about him these days. 

also love how you've formatted this post😅

• Like 1

One (realistic) bold prediction: The White Sox use 25 different starting pitchers -- breaking the MLB record of 24 shared by the 1915 A's and 2023 A's -- and stumble to 107 losses, most in franchise history. Along the way, Robert is traded at the deadline. -- Schoenfield

ESPN picks Sox for 28th on OD, praises ballpark food in a nod to Benetti...way too early on Robert trade, though.