Illinois vs North Carolina Thread

Oh look at all the whining and excuses going on! I love it!  Blaming ESPN and the refs and the crowds and the coaches and oh the teams beat themselves did they?  Well at least they have that, if they can't beat the other team.  Nevermind the fact that everyone here except me was predicting a Big 10 victory beforehand.  Homecourt didn't seem like a problem then did it? 

Bottom line is your conference is getting embarrassed.

Oops...I reread my post earlier and I did blame ESPN but not for the reasons you probably think. In the previous sentence I criticized the team for missing free throws and not playing fundamentally sound ball tonight. A lot of the reason for this is fundamentals don't get you on Sportscenter so players just don't practice these as much anymore.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys there is a reason that I picked Carolina into the final 4 this year. They have the front line, they have the coaching, they have the superstar, and they have the point guard. This is a championship caliber team. Illinois, though they have something to work on, has nothing to be ashamed of.

If Carolina shores up their defense they could be contenders, but there were way too many times last night that Illinois had an open man standing under the basket because someone didn't rotate. Also in transition they looked lost as far as who to pick up.

If Carolina shores up their defense they could be contenders, but there were way too many times last night that Illinois had an open man standing under the basket because someone didn't rotate.  Also in transition they looked lost as far as who to pick up.

That is something Doherty tolerated, but won't last under Roy Williams.