Illinois vs North Carolina Thread

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate when teams I root for beat themselves. 7-18 from the free throw line..what the f*** is that. I can do that left handed, and I take back the nice things I said about Nick, he f***ing sucked in the second half. Augie, f***ing learn how to make a damn free throw you son of a b****. Damn't the game was ours for the taking and Dee decides to miss every shot down the stretch and the team decides to miss every free throw. Then UNC gives us a gift by missing a free throw with about 45 seconds left and Nick Smith doesn't move for the damn ball. Fundamentals win games. I blame this loss on ESPN. Oh, and f*** ESPN as well, show the game, I don't need to see the ACC and Big 10 commisioners talking.

Apparently with four fouls it is too risky to put Roger Powell on the court until there's about 30 seconds left.  Instead we keep Nick Smith in there with Augustine and 3 guards because he is really contributing.

I think the reason for that is because we were missing all our free throws and Nick can knock those down. Plus, the one thing Smith did do decently was defend May, I thought Augie should have been out of the game though, he flat out sucked tonight.

k thx penis weber

Weber did a fine job coaching tonight. He can't make free throws for the team or make shots for the guys who is supposed to be the star. Dee was 2-10 from the arc and just played awful today. The only thing Weber did wrong was playing Smith as much as he did. They were much more prepared tonight than they often were under Kruger and Self in the past.

Weber did a fine job coaching tonight.  He can't make free throws for the team or make shots for the guys who is supposed to be the star.  Dee was 2-10 from the arc and just played awful today.  The only thing Weber did wrong was playing Smith as much as he did.  They were much more prepared tonight than they often were under Kruger and Self in the past.

No doubt, Weber is a great coach and im so glad he came here. We just need to get stronger... we played like we did in 1999-2000 when frank williams and brian cook were freshman as we are weak when it comes to post moves and aggressive defense. The way Deron and Powell played though is a couple bright spots in the game.... Dee just rushed his shot, he'll get it back next week at the UC againts Arkansas(anyone else going to that game?) And that game will be a test as well...

well... i guess heather is happy that Illinois lost, so at least i know one person is happy... but overall this has been one frustrating day, and to be down 4-1 to the ACC makes me sick...

Go illini!

Illinois always seems to find a way to lose games like this and it always pisses me off. Looking back now I was pleased with the overall game though. First tough road test at a program like UNC. Probably one of the biggest games Weber has ever coached other than the tourney. So, I can't get too disappointed.

Missed free throws (from a normally good free throw shooting team), Dee Brown's struggles (that won't happen very often), and Nick Smith all can take the blame for this one. I was impressed with the other big guys (Spears & Ingram) more than Smith. They showed more toughness, especially spears, and should get more pt at least to see what they can do for extended periods of time. Powell and Williams owned. Randle looked solid at times but disappointed at others. Looking forward to see what McBride can add to this team, they're already very deep.

well... i guess heather is happy that Illinois lost, so at least i know one person is happy... but overall this has been one frustrating day, and to be down 4-1 to the ACC makes me sick...

im f***in psyched. it's about to be five years in a row the ACC's taken it. now maybe you see why you never take the ACC lightly when it comes to basketball, or any other sport for that matter. :headbang

im f***in psyched.  it's about to be five years in a row the ACC's taken it.  now maybe you see why you never take the ACC lightly when it comes to basketball, or any other sport for that matter. :headbang

ACC football sucks.

They can never be doubted in basketball, especially with Chicago's own Coach K (Weber High School).

But I note which Big 10 team won today...

Mcould that be?

im f***in psyched.  it's about to be five years in a row the ACC's taken it.  now maybe you see why you never take the ACC lightly when it comes to basketball, or any other sport for that matter. :headbang

I dont think we have taken any team lightly, expecially from the ACC, if those 2 games were played in Champaign/or the UC, and at Madison/ or the Bradley Center, i belive the big 10 would be up 3-2... so home court was huge tonight, expecially in some close grueling games. That wisconsin game was heartbreaking, and just watching Roy Williams and Gary Williams makes me want to go into the TV and strangle them for f***ing b****ing and aruging every call like nothing ever goes their way.... Izzo and Coach K are just like that, although it must work fairly well, since all 4 of them will end up being part of the best b-ball coaches of all time...

That said...

Go illini

ACC football sucks.

They can never be doubted in basketball, especially with Chicago's own Coach K (Weber High School). 

But I note which Big 10 team won today...

Mcould that be?

The home court advantage in college basketball is ridiculous. Michigan is the only Big 10 team to have a home game so far. ACC is 3-0 at home and 1-0 on the so called neutral site. Since playing UNC in Greensboro with almost all UNC fans is neutral :rolleyes:

Oh look at all the whining and excuses going on! I love it! Blaming ESPN and the refs and the crowds and the coaches and oh the teams beat themselves did they? Well at least they have that, if they can't beat the other team. Nevermind the fact that everyone here except me was predicting a Big 10 victory beforehand. Homecourt didn't seem like a problem then did it?

Bottom line is your conference is getting embarrassed.

Oh look at all the whining and excuses going on! I love it!  Blaming ESPN and the refs and the crowds and the coaches and oh the teams beat themselves did they?  Well at least they have that, if they can't beat the other team.  Nevermind the fact that everyone here except me was predicting a Big 10 victory beforehand.  Homecourt didn't seem like a problem then did it? 

I never said that the Big 10 would beat the ACC. And I said f*** ESPN because the coverage of the game sucked tonight. They cut to interviews of commisioners and to injured players while the game was being played. And home court is huge in college basketball, did you see what we did to UNC last year at our place. Unless you are a vastly superior team it is very difficult to win on the road in the NCAA. Why do you think Duke has lost to FSU at FSU the last couple years. I'll give UNC credit tonight as they played real well, but U of I making only 7 of 18 free throws is what lost them the game.

I never said that the Big 10 would beat the ACC.  And I said f*** ESPN because the coverage of the game sucked tonight.  They cut to interviews of commisioners and to injured players while the game was being played.  And home court is huge in college basketball, did you see what we did to UNC last year at our place.  Unless you are a vastly superior team it is very difficult to win on the road in the NCAA.  Why do you think Duke has lost to FSU at FSU the last couple years.  I'll give UNC credit tonight as they played real well, but U of I making only 7 of 18 free throws is what lost them the game.

Yeah well the Big 10 has homecourt in three of the four games tomorrow so we'll see how it shakes down, won't we?

Oh look at all the whining and excuses going on! I love it!  Blaming ESPN and the refs and the crowds and the coaches and oh the teams beat themselves did they?  Well at least they have that, if they can't beat the other team.  Nevermind the fact that everyone here except me was predicting a Big 10 victory beforehand.  Homecourt didn't seem like a problem then did it? 

No, Indian got embarrassed. Northwestern got embarrassed. Michigan did its job and won. Illinois and Bruce Weber played their first tough opponent in a road game and put up a good fight. Wisconsin took a top 25 Maryland team to OT on their homecourt before being defeated. Oh, and by the way Purdue beat Duke on a true neutral court in Alaska this weekend. We'll see what happens tomorrow when 3 of the 4 games are at Big Ten sites.

I never said that the Big 10 would beat the ACC.  And I said f*** ESPN because the coverage of the game sucked tonight.  They cut to interviews of commisioners and to injured players while the game was being played.  And home court is huge in college basketball, did you see what we did to UNC last year at our place.  Unless you are a vastly superior team it is very difficult to win on the road in the NCAA.  Why do you think Duke has lost to FSU at FSU the last couple years.  I'll give UNC credit tonight as they played real well, but U of I making only 7 of 18 free throws is what lost them the game.

I agree 100%, refer to my post in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge thread...ridiculous. That pisses me off more than Illinois' loss. That game will better prepare them for what's to come.