NFLers recieving racist letters

Isn't it interesting that a rapper could rap he wants the president killed and some people will defend it as "deep" and "artistic" but if you aren't famous, and not musically inclined, it becomes a real threat? If these were song lyrics would we think it was ok?

Hmmm.

I think it's wrong in both cases. But that's just an old man talking.

Isn't it interesting that a rapper could rap he wants the president killed and some people will defend it as "deep" and "artistic" but if you aren't famous, and not musically inclined, it becomes a real threat? If these were song lyrics would we think it was ok?

Hmmm.

good point. :notworthy

Hmmm.

please supply the name and the exact texts of a rapper saying he wanted the president killed and who said it was artistic and deep

I am pushing for exactness because inexact statements are the bane of public discourse - and because in both of my vocation and my job we always go abck to the extact texts and are some surprixed that what people think was said was not said

please supply the name and the exact texts of a rapper saying he wanted the president killed and who said it was artistic and deep

I am pushing for exactness because inexact  statements are the bane of public discourse - and because in both of my vocation and my job we always go abck to the extact texts and are some surprixed that what people think was said was not said

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The Secret Service is trying to determine if any action needs to be taken regarding a lyric from rapper Eminem that may be a threat to President Bush.

The lyric comes from a bootleg Eminem recording -- one of several from the rapper making rounds on the Internet over the past week.

In the song called "We Are American," Eminem sings: "(Expletive) money, I don't rap for dead presidents. I'd rather see the president dead."

Dennis Dennehy, a spokesman for the Grammy- and Academy Award-winning rapper, told CNN the song was not ready for release.

"This was an unfinished song, either lost or stolen," Dennehy said. "There was no determination where, when, how or if it was going to be used."

the rest of the story http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/05/eminem.lyrics/

As far as the deep comment:

"What underlies Em's music is far deeper than "attacking" others."

From CWSOX's post http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=12592

And now from Em's #1 apologist . . .

you can do better than saying I said words that I did not say nor riding the bandwagon of a slow news day

no one said anything that you said people said - twist and turn and distort and allude but no one said what you said they said - there still is no proof that lyric you distort even exists ap[art from a Drudge report and that is to say the least shaky

number 1 apologist? At least I am honest about what is said and don't play with facts to create my own urban legends

gees this is a crock of s***

I have lost a lot of respect for those with no concerns about accuracy rather than hate

and now from the Mr. I don't care what was really said, I'll pretend as I want it to be:

you can do better than saying I said words that I did not say nor riding the bandwagon of a slow news day

no one said anything that you said people said - twist and turn and distort and allude but no one said what you said they said - there still is no proof that lyric you distort even exists ap[art from a Drudge report and that is to say the least shaky

number 1 apologist?  At least I am honest about what is said and don't play with facts to create my own urban legends

I have lost a lot of respect for those with no concerns about accuracy rather than hate

and now from the Mr. I don't care what was really said, I'll pretend as I want it to be:

CW, the last link was to the report on CNN with quotes from Em's people. If you still don't want to believe he said that stuff that's fine.

Didn't say it? I posted the link to your exact post. If you are unhappy with my edit, I'll accept that. That is why I provided the link to your post.

I have questions for you.

Would it be ok for Em to rap he wants the president dead? Would it be ok for him to rap he wants a famous NFL player dead? Is there a difference between Em rapping it and someone writing a letter? Does how many copies of something someone sells make it ok?

I gave the link to your post. What more can I do? Em's spokesperson confirmed it was his work. I find it offensive that he wants the president of the US dead. You must think that it is OK.

THe last link was to a CNN article with a QUOTE FROM EM'S SPOKESPERSON. How much mroe proof do you want? Do you even read any of this or do you just jump to EM's defense like some pie eyed love sick teenage idol worshiper?

number 1 apologist? At least I am honest about what is said and don't play with facts to create my own urban legends

Let's see quotes from Em's spokesperson saying it was a work in progress, perhaps in the final cut he'll just wish Bush gets the sniffles? CNN reporting the Secret Service confirms the existance and confirming Em recorded it. Are you saying the Secret Service would lie about this? When will you believe your hero rapped this?

You are correct.

Accuracy? I posted links to everything. I read a f***ing quote from the guys spokesperson. You have your head up Em's ass for reasons I can't fathom. The next thing you're going to post is nah nah nah nah I can't hear you nah nah nah nah

Is someone posting under your name? I can't believe you are denying something that you posted. I guess you didn't read the post that Eminem's spokesperson confirmed it.

CW, you're a lot smarter than this. Your buddy f***ed up and some people who find threats to the president offensive will not like it no matter how many records he's sold. I like his stuff. I think up until this point, and probably past this, he will be regarded as one of the biggest influences in rap. I just think he stepped too far over the line with this one. I'd be saying the same thing if it was Korn, Vince Gill, Eminem, or the Abba Kids. You're too blinded by some loyalty to Eminem to see that.

By-the-way I guess you haven't heard the song. It was at www.hiphophavoc.com

You keep saying things that aren't said.

You keep drawing your own conclusions from non reality. You can't quote me as saying what you charged me with saying you just post a link to imply a footnote proof but tha linkt doesn't have a post that shows I said what you accused me of. In fact, you can't prove that Eminem has tentatively written anything. You have a line "I don't rap for dead presidents" (whioch is about money) and then five words that no one has seen in context and may mean a lot of things. But you go with what Drudge says it says and excuse me for thinking that (1) Drudge is the height of irresponsibility and (2) accusing Eminem of saying things he didn't say has been a bread and butter for lazy journalists and demagogues for years.

I find it offensive that he wants the president of the US dead. You must think that it is OK.

That line that I just quoted is factually unfair and much more offensive and obscene and as twisted as anything you have posted on this subject where you have continually taken something and said that it must mean something else. I am stunned you would post that but it proves my point.

You have been a friend. You will be a friend. And on this, friend, you are way over emotional and intent on making something so that is not so.

Your other insults are childish and immature.

I am done with you on this subject. It makes no difference in the real world. And it will not get anyone closer to what is truth but just create more ill will that no one needs.

I keep quoting from your posts and CNN. You keep saying Drudge; and it's been on CNN with verification from his spokesperson

and I listened to it.

I don't think Eminem wants the president dead either. I also think it is in very bad taste.

CW,

You never did respond. Is it ok to rap you want the president dead? Simple question, I'm not asking if your hero rapped it or not. Is it ok for any singer to sing they want the president dead?

I keep quoting from your posts and CNN. You keep saying Drudge; and it's been on CNN with verification from his spokesperson

and I listened to it.

I don't think Eminem wants the president dead either. I also think it is in very bad taste.

CW,

You never did respond. Is it ok to rap you want the president dead? Simple question, I'm not asking if your hero rapped it or not. Is it ok for any singer to sing they want the president dead?

Even one of Em's own people isn't denying the lyrics were his. Now they are saying "they weren't meant to be public"

http://www.msnbc.com/news/970645.asp?0cv=CB20

Even one of Em's own people isn't denying the lyrics were his.  Now they are saying "they weren't meant to be public"

http://www.msnbc.com/news/970645.asp?0cv=CB20

Which brings up a very good thought and some defense to Eminem. While it may have been unwise to record these lyrics, shouldn't there be some leeway for his private thoughts? We all have said things in private that we wouldn't have wanted to be made public. Ask Dr. Laura about photos.

I usually dismiss most conspiracy theories, but in the world of rap, I smell a rat. Purely a guess on my part but I would not be surprised if a rival record company had these for a while waiting for the award show nominations to come out and hurt Em's chances for Grammies, etc.

Which brings up a very good thought and some defense to Eminem. While it may have been unwise to record these lyrics, shouldn't there be some leeway for his private thoughts? We all have said things in private that we wouldn't have wanted to be made public. Ask Dr. Laura about photos.

I usually dismiss most conspiracy theories, but in the world of rap, I smell a rat. Purely a guess on my part but I would not be surprised if a rival record company had these for a while waiting for the award show nominations to come out and hurt Em's chances for Grammies, etc.

How would another label have heard Em's private works? If anything it is an inside job, which most likely means someone WANTED the info out.

How would another label have heard Em's private works?  If anything it is an inside job, which most likely means someone WANTED the info out.

right but who do you think released it? My theory is someone has a copy, probably within Em's group, and the peon gets pissed and calls company B and says hey how would you like a copy of Em rapping about liking the president dead? They snatch it up and release it. I don't see Em wanting this released.

Notice it only gets those people who don't care for Em upset. His hardcore, loyal not matter what, followers will continue to support him. In fact it may increase his street cred.