Eminem wishes the president dead in new song

Texsox

A new shock song from rapper Eminem wishes the president dead, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned...

On the track WE AS AMERICANS, obtained by DRUDGE, the nation's top selling rapper shockingly rants: 'F**k money. I don't rap for dead presidents. I'd rather see the president dead. It's never been said, but I set precedents and the standards and they can't stand it... We as Americans. Us as a citizen. We've got to protect ourselves'...

"I don't rap for dead presidents" means "I dont rap for

money."

Eminem has been rapping against Bush since Bush took

office. Perhaps Drudge hasn't listened much, but is was Em

who wrote back in 2001 that he was "no friend of Bush"(from

"Square Dance") and the immortal lines, "f*** You, Lynne

Cheney, f*** you, Tipper Gore" (from "White America"). In

the opening video for Em's 2002 Anger Management Tour he

ran filmclips of Lieberman, Lynne Cheney, and others doing

their "ain't Eminem awful" schtick.

Oh well, always money to be made by attacking Eminem -

nominated for 5 grammys this most recent time around and

how good it was to me to see all the rap and hip hop tunes

get recognition at long last.

"I don't rap for dead presidents" means "I dont rap for

money."

Eminem has been rapping against Bush since Bush took

office. Perhaps Drudge hasn't listened much, but is was Em

who wrote back in 2001 that he was "no friend of Bush"(from

"Square Dance") and the immortal lines, "f*** You, Lynne

Cheney, f*** you, Tipper Gore" (from "White America"). In

the opening video for Em's 2002 Anger Management Tour he

ran filmclips of Lieberman, Lynne Cheney, and others doing

their "ain't Eminem awful" schtick.

Oh well, always money to be made by attacking Eminem -

nominated for 5 grammys this most recent time around and

how good it was to me to see all the rap and hip hop tunes

get recognition at long last.

I think most people understand the first line, how do you explain away "I'd rather see the President dead?"

Sounds to me like for Em there is money to be made off of attacking everyone else...

I think most people understand the first line, how do you explain away "I'd rather see the President dead?"

Sounds to me like for Em there is money to be made off of attacking everyone else...

I'd have to see the whole lyrics, which i cannot find online. Pulling a line or two out here or there is hardly fair.

Anything on Drudge Report is suspect bulls*** anyway. He is a bottom feeder who lives to make controversy.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I do not think that Em has done anything for "shock" value and he hardly needs to, given the way he sells albums and sells out concerts. He has no need to do anything to get public attention. His career is alive and well, thank you all evry much, and remains the #1 rap act finanaically in all areas. But for those antiEm, they will never be convinced and believe what they want. Free country.

What underlies Em's music is far deeper than "attacking" others. Yes, I know every parody and every jaundiced view of his work. Again, free country. But I find those who attack his work are those whose entire information about his work is from the media reports. I could refer anyone to the New York Times magazine piece or several of the new books out this season on Eminem for far more scholarly approaches to his ouevre rather than "oh, did he just say that?" approach taken by the media.

I guess I've gotten old, but IMHO wishing someone dead in the name of art doesn't make a great artist. Describe to me the deepness of wanting someone dead?

The right to free speech doesn't allow someone to yell fire in a crowded theater. Put any spin on it you like but I for one just stopped buying his cds.

I guess I've gotten old, but IMHO wishing someone dead in the name of art doesn't make a great artist. Describe to me the deepness of wanting someone dead? 

The right to free speech doesn't allow someone to yell fire in a crowded theater. Put any spin on it you like but I for one just stopped buying his cds.

I'll buy multiples anyway to make up for you!

Again, where are whole lyrics? I want to see whole context, the whole thing, not a line that Drudge quotes out of context.

Other artists to boycott:

Johnny Cash "I shot a man just to watch him die."

Bob Marley and Eric Clapton: "I shot the sherrif."

and on and on and on

I'll buy multiples anyway to make up for you!

Again, where are whole lyrics?  I want to see whole context, the whole thing, not a line that Drudge quotes out of context.

Other artists to boycott:

Johnny Cash "I shot a man just to watch him die."

Bob Marley and Eric Clapton: "I shot the sherrif."

and on and on and on

You probably are right for waiting for the whole lyrics, I will give you that. But as far as I feel, Em has joined the Madonna, Dennis Rodman, Britney Spears category of needing to do something outrageous every once in a while so that they can get the cameras back on them. But that is just MHO.

You probably are right for waiting for the whole lyrics, I will give you that.  But as far as I feel, Em has joined the Madonna, Dennis Rodman, Britney Spears category of needing to do something outrageous every once in a while so that they can get the cameras back on them.  But that is just MHO.

he just completed a 1 year tour - I was at the last show, he sold over 100,000 for two concerts in July -

he was just nominated foir 5 grammys

he will be the 2003 #1 rap act in revenue - again -

his last album sold 10,000,000

he just won an Oscar, won in the VMAs -

he hardly needs to do anything to get public attention on him, to get camera time

Drudge is the opne who needs to get his name back in the public eye and I'd put Drudge in the Britney Spears category - Drudge is the one desparate to get camera time and pretend he is relevant again

Did that really happen in Reno?  I am not well versed in the history of that locale.

The line was "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die", but the line was fictional.

I recently read Cash's autobiography, and he said he just tried to think of the most immoral possible reason to kill someone, and the idea of shooting someone just to watch them die was the worst he could think of.

It never happened....well, I'm sure it HAS happened, just not with Johnny Cash involved.

I recently read Cash's autobiography, and he said he just tried to think of the most immoral possible reason to kill someone, and the idea of shooting someone just to watch them die was the worst he could think of.

Actually....Killing someone so you can molest his pre-pubescent daughter would be a tad more immoral IMO

It never happened....well, I'm sure it HAS happened, just not with Johnny Cash involved

You think maybe he once SAW someone kill a man in Reno just to watch him die? That's how it happened with Phil Collins and drowning and stuff.

Edited: Happy 2500th to myself. I think I might make it to 3000 if I am still around next year.