Plz......Get Colon

MurcieOne

Jesus........ please give Kenny Williams the Brains to realize that he can get Bartolo Colon......and/or Javier Vasquez.

And Jesus please allow Jerry Reinsdorf to open his rather stingey pockets to sign Bartolo Colon to a long term deal.

Amen

Amen indeedy. The Sox are division winners with just one of those two...and possible World Series winners with both....right now, if we made it to the playoffs and made no other moves....we would have Jon Garland going up against Mike Mussina or Tim Hudson or Jamie Moyer or Derek Lowe or someone like that....we'd be f***in dicked after Buehrle. But with Garland as the #4 starter, we have him going up against the Kevin Appier's of the world and pitchers on 3 days rest....odds are, the odds would be in our favor...along with our lineup and bullpen.

Guys....this team is starting to get me very, very excited....then again, I haven't had baseball in near 2 in a half months, so that's another reason. Only a month until pitchers and catchers report.....and if two of those pitchers can be Colon and Vazquez, I'd be part of a group of people that would be the happiest on Earth...Chicago White Sox fans.

Guys....this team is starting to get me very, very excited.

Knowing full well that JR will never spring for a longterm contract for a Colon and knowing KW is a schmuck, all I'm excited about is SoxFest and the fact that the pitchers and catchers report for ST in about a month. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see Colon coming over here.

How bout this deal.

The Sox offer Corwin Malone, Brian West, Dave Sanders, Tim Hummell, Matt Ginter, and Josh Paul to the Expos for Vazquez/Colon.

Do you guys think the Expos would consider that?  I'd do it in a heartbeat, but would it be enough?

If we gave them Jon Rauch, then i think they'd do it.

Guys....this team is starting to get me very, very excited.

Knowing full well that JR will never spring for a longterm contract for a Colon and knowing KW is a schmuck, all I'm excited about is SoxFest and the fact that the pitchers and catchers report for ST in about a month. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see Colon coming over here.

I just really want this dude.......in a non-sexual way of course.

How bout this deal.

The Sox offer Corwin Malone, Brian West, Dave Sanders, Tim Hummell, Matt Ginter, and Josh Paul to the Expos for Vazquez/Colon.

Do you guys think the Expos would consider that?  I'd do it in a heartbeat, but would it be enough?

We're giving up too much, IMO.

I'm higher on Malone than I am Stewart...but both are good pitchers. I'd say give them Stewart over Colon...and give them Liefer over Hummel too....otherwise, I'm fine with it. They get some offense as well as pitching, and we get what we want. If they want, we'll even throw in Jon Adkins! :D

How bout this deal.

Do you guys think the Expos would consider that?  I'd do it in a heartbeat, but would it be enough?

If we gave them Jon Rauch, then i think they'd do it.

I'd rather give them Danny Wright and pull Malone out of the deal.

How bout this deal.

Do you guys think the Expos would consider that?  I'd do it in a heartbeat, but would it be enough?

We're giving up too much, IMO.

I'm higher on Malone than I am Stewart...but both are good pitchers. I'd say give them Stewart over Colon...and give them Liefer over Hummel too....otherwise, I'm fine with it. They get some offense as well as pitching, and we get what we want. If they want, we'll even throw in Jon Adkins! :D

I like your thoughts.

Take Malone out, insert Stewart. I'd give them Liefer, but I think they'd have to get Hummell or someone else with his value.

Maybe even Malone, Stewart, Hummell, Sanders and Paul for Vazquez, Colon, and Peter Bergeron. I'd throw in Ginter as well.

Take Malone out, insert Stewart.  I'd give them Liefer, but I think they'd have to get Hummell or someone else with his value.

Maybe even Malone, Stewart, Hummell, Sanders and Paul for Vazquez, Colon, and Peter Bergeron.  I'd throw in Ginter as well.

IMO there's no way the Expos deal there 1 and 2 starters if they dont get at least 1 top prospects (Malone or Rauch would do).

Stewart and West would also have to be involved

Well, mac, I think you may be right.

I'd still be willing to do a Malone, Stewart, Biddle, Paul and Liefer for Colon and Vazquez(and maybe Peter Bergeron for Ginter in a seperate move that is just considered to be in the package). We'd be getting the better end of the deal.

Guest hotsoxchick1

omg would you people look at yourselves for a minute..... geez us the people your willing to give up for a short term colon/vasquez.........you know damn right well jr wont sign either to a long enough term deal for any trade to make a difference....... so ask yourselves.... do you want to toss the future away for a short term maybe division title... or do you want to take chances and keep some of these guys around hope they develope and possably get to a world series in a few years????????......hell with what you all are willing to offer up for either of these guys i say lets scrap pile the whole f***ing team and start over from scratch...........

Well, mac, I think you may be right.

I'd still be willing to do a Malone, Stewart, Biddle, Paul and Liefer for Colon and Vazquez(and maybe Peter Bergeron for Ginter in a seperate move that is just considered to be in the package).  We'd be getting the better end of the deal.

I'd add Brian West to the deal making it Malone, Stewart, Biddle, Paul, Liefer, and West.

They'd get 4 starting pitchers. West and Malone aren't ready, while Stewart and Biddle could step in. Paul and Liefer could play immediately as well.

The Sox woudl get Bergeron, Vazquez and Colon and have a rotation of Colon, Buerhle, Vazquez, Garland, Wright with Rauch starting the season off in AAA as a great backup plan and future ace.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont expect to get either if the yanks are still in the biddings..... we will most likely get stuck with whoever they want to toss aside making roster space for colon and vasquez.........el duque and pettite?? or wells??

omg would you people look at yourselves for a minute..... geez us the people your willing to give up for a short term colon/vasquez.........you know damn right well jr wont sign either to a long enough term deal for any trade to make a difference....... so ask yourselves.... do you want to toss the future away for a short term maybe division title... or do you want to take chances and keep some of these guys around hope they develope and possably get to a world series in a few years????????......hell with what you all are willing to offer up for either of these guys i say lets scrap pile the whole f***ing team and start over from scratch...........

The thing is we would still have Rauch, Honel, Diaz, Wright, Garland, Buerhle, Heath Phillips, Ryan Wing, etc.

HSC....you saw how much the Giants and Angels shares went up after they got to the World Series.....imagine if a team like the Sox, who haven't won jack s*** since really 1959, go on and either get to or win a World Series....the demand for White Sox shares may just go up....you consider this, the fact that attendance will increase, popularity of the White Sox as a whole will increase, and all in all, we could be building something for the future.

I know JR hasn't dished out a long term contract to a pitcher before...but I gotta ask this. When was the last time a pitcher brought the White Sox, no, when was the last time a pitcher brought JR a World Series? That's right...no pitcher ever has. I think he'd like a pitcher more that brought him a World Series, even if he his 40 pounds overweight....he would think less about giving pitchers(such as Buehrle and Colon) money if they brought him a World Series.

Maybe you're right...you probably are. I'm just hopeful that this is kind of like A Christmas Carol, when Scrooge is a mean bastard and then is nice....that's all we have is hope.