Xbox vs. PS2

Soxguy

I have a PS2 and I think I want an xbox. For those of you that have them, what do you think of it? Just by itself and compared to the PS2. I will never totally disown my ps2 but I might also get an xbox. Maybe you can recommend me some good games too. I have some bday money to spend :headbang

I got PS2, my brother has XBox. I have played them both many a times. I didn't like the XBox controllers, but apperantly there are new smaller controllers. The graphics seem to be better, and it has more memory. PS2 has better games, including the EA ones (they have the commercials now saying only on PS2, but I am not sure).

I got PS2, my brother has XBox. I have played them both many a times. I didn't like the XBox controllers, but apperantly there are new smaller controllers. The graphics seem to be better, and it has more memory. PS2 has better games, including the EA ones (they have the commercials now saying only on PS2, but I am not sure).

For the most part games that come out on one system come out on the other one as well. I own an X-Box & love it. My only beef is that you have to buy a seperate little remote control for it if you want to watch DVD's on it.

For the most part games that come out on one system come out on the other one as well.  I own an X-Box & love it. My only beef is that you have to buy a seperate little remote control for it if you want to watch DVD's on it.

My bro was pissed when he found that out. Oh, so funny.

I don't think people give enough credit to GameCube.

Everything is about PS2 and XBox, and while I personally own an XBox, you gotta believe that there are a s***load of nice games out for GameCube.

I think that I'm gonna get a job and then go out and buy a GameCube. I mean, when you look at all the games, you really see quite a few good games(most of the sports titles, but not all, and you get all the others as well, like Zelda, Mario Kart, etc, that only come out for Nintendo systems).

XBox is a computer not just a video game system. XBox has better graphics processing and a hard drive. Hard drive means you need NO MEMORY CARDS. Hard drive also means with a mod chip you can install games directly on the HD, NO DISKS REQUIRED. You can download any game you want and just copy it to the hard drive of the XBox. Also can install linux on your XBox if you want and use it for other tasks like checking email, surfing the web or whatever floats your boat. I have a PS2 but just ordered an XBox because it wins in every department.

XBox is a computer not just a video game system.  XBox has better graphics processing and a hard drive.  Hard drive means you need NO MEMORY CARDS.  Hard drive also means with a mod chip you can install games directly on the HD, NO DISKS REQUIRED.  You can download any game you want and just copy it to the hard drive of the XBox.  Also can install linux on your XBox if you want and use it for other tasks like checking email, surfing the web or whatever floats your boat.  I have a PS2 but just ordered an XBox because it wins in every department.

Damn I didn't know you could do all of that with an XBox.

Hell, I just figured out tonight that you can get like 16 people playing Halo at the same time. That would have been more fun had I ever played Halo before in my life.

That was fun as hell though.

I walk into my son's room and see a GameCube, PS2, and XBOX. (bought in that order) His career aspiration is to design video games and can recite stats on each system like I use to recite baseball stats. His opinion is that each platform has it's strengths and you should look at the games you want to play and make your decision that way. Also think about access to games. If you are going to be renting, look at where you will be renting and see what they have to offer.

IMHO, check out eBay for great buys. He dumps a lot of his games after playing them for a month or two. Typically you can buy for 1/3 the price, sometimes less.

There is a new controller for XBOX, slimmed down with a mod of button locations. I wish somoone would come out with a universal controller so I didn't have to relearn button locations between platforms.