A DILEMMA MANY TEAMS WISH THEY HAD...

spataro51

I dont know if anyone else has said this.... but who will be our real #1 pitcher? Colon maybe because he has had more experience and has won 20 games or Mark because he seems that he will win 20 games and also is guarenteed to be around to 06? I think this is the best problem we have had in a long time. But first things first lets try to get Colon to stay, lets lock him in NOW! Our puzzle pieces are all togther and the puzzle is showing a picture of A RED HOT OCTOBER!! SOX in 03!

Guest hotsoxchick1

if management really doesnt want to piss on anyones corn flakes here they will leave mark at the #1 spot.. it is after all his..... he earned it......and to bring that tub of goo colon in and make him the #1 (espically after that s***ty attempt at an offer for salary they made to mark) would be the ultimate slap in the face.............jmho though.. im sure that kw will f*** it up ..............

Wait a second....are we talking depth chart or opening day starter type thing?

Colon is the ace of the staff, IMO...but Buehrle should get the opening day nod. It wouldn't be fair if he didn't. And Colon is only the ace, IMO, because of the righty-lefty-righty thing...not only that, but Colon, Buehrle and Garland are three totally different pitchers....Colon brings the heat, Buehrle is a soft tossing lefty and Garland is a mix of the two.

If the playoffs started tomorrow....Colon would start game 1....if the season started tomorrow...Buehrle would start game 1

IMO, I think that Mark should be a professional and let the veteran Colon start out as #1. Gives the rotation a righty-lefty-righty 123 punch, with Garland at #3.

P.S. Something that I was annoyed to see was HSC calling Colon a "tub of goo". Yes, I'm aware that the man is bigger, in terms of weight, than most typical pitchers, but how many pitchers are out there with a career 85-49 record? Don't insult him for his weight, jeez, he's not Carlos Castillo!

David Wells said something that I couldn't argue with: I'm fat, you're ugly, but I can diet. Please, step out of the freezer HSC! Don't be so cold!

Guest hotsoxchick1
IMO, I think that Mark should be a professional and let the veteran Colon start out as #1.  Gives the rotation a righty-lefty-righty 123 punch, with Garland at #3.

P.S.  Something that I was annoyed to see was HSC calling Colon a "tub of goo". Yes, I'm aware that the man is bigger, in terms of weight, than most typical pitchers, but how many pitchers are out there with a career 85-49 record?  Don't insult him for his weight, jeez, he's not Carlos Castillo! 

David Wells said something that I couldn't argue with:  I'm fat, you're ugly, but I can diet.    Please, step out of the freezer HSC!  Don't be so cold!

hey ya know what i wasnt the only one who called him that or even something similar... ok so if you feel the need to take out your frustrations on how i cant be jumping up and down with glee on this deal then do so for that alone... but dont call me out cause i called him a tub of goo.... hes a fat slob whos slower than dirt... and who will most likely end up like wells for us.....big freakin deal..... he aint a savior... and he sure aint going to get us to the world series so get over it..........as for me being cold.. nope just speaking the truth...........and f*** what wells said cause hes not only fat hes fugly too............he cant change both..........

HSC, can you explain.

a few weeks ago you were acting like everyone was an idiot for thinking we were gonna get colon.

From what i picked up based on the way you were talking, was that KW is too stupid to trade for a guy like Colon and JR is too cheap to take on his salary. This basically meant that Colon would help the Sox, but our organization is too pitiful to make such a great move. you doubted the sox, saying it will NEVER happen MANY times. And correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one to think we needed a big time #2 pitcher? I remember you saying how we aren't going to get the guy we need, so we should all be happy in getting a guy like Suppan.

So it happens, and now you are saying that Colon is overweight and won't help us win. I don't get it? Is someone paying you to be queen negativity?

Where is the real HSC? I mean you were always somewhat negative (or "realistic"), but very smart also.

also, the offer the sox made to mark wasn't s***ty.

Mark asked for a certain amount and the sox gave it to him, he rejected it for whatever reason (which I think has something to do with last year's negotiations or the fact that both sides don't get alone well). that is fine, but the offer wasn't s***ty, over $3 mil a season is fine in my book.

The only thing stupid about the deal offered to Buehrle was that it shaved a year off the time he'd be guaranteed a contract. Mark knows he's going to be a rich, rich man after arbitration, and also knows that as a pitcher, even the slightest injury can ruin your MLB career. Why would he do something stupid like lose a year of guaranteed pay?

nobody is annointing him as steinbrenner, but he did go and take on 8.5 mil in salary on a big #2, something many sox fans doubted heavily.

whether the payroll is more or not, the fact is he went out and got a difference maker, hopefully us fans go out to the park.

Guest hotsoxchick1

the real hsc is here.... so you dont like my attitude .. big f***in deal... why should i get all excited on something which is here for now but wont be taking us anywhere later.......yeah i figured it was out of kw's reach to get him.. but then again whos to say that boston wont come up with a really good offer that kw cant resist in the next week or so huh.......who cares.........kw is too stupid to trade for a guy of colons calibur thats why he needed cashmans help with it..........but again who the f*** cares......and inthe end we still may end up with a guy like suppan.. but who the f*** cares.........colon wont help us win cause he cant do it alone nor with him or mark alone anyhow.. theres still a few holes that need drastic plugging on this team and untill they are we wont win s***... who the f*** cares.......colon isnt going to bring us to the world series this year... he isnt going to get us through the first round of playoffs if we even make it that far.. and again i say who the f*** cares..... face it we arent going to get anywhere untill management is honestly serious about putting a wining team on the field...meaning whole team.... and that just aint going to happen anytime soon.. so who the f*** cares.........you all just go on and act like its world series time if you want but im not going to waste the enegry on high hopes..... as for marks offer.. why dont you email him and just ask him what he was offered.....untill you know both sides of the story then you cant make a judgement.. and ill tell ya what,... kw's side of the story totaly differes from marks...........but again who the f*** cares he wont be here any longer than he has to anyhow...............so i leave you with that.. WHO THE f*** CARES.......

Normally you care when a 20-game winner joins your pitching staff. Two days ago, nearly everyone was 100% sure that the Sox would not be getting Colon, so who the f*** knows how long he'll be here or what kind of an impact he'll have? Certainly not me, you, or anyone without connections to the Sox's front office. Quite frankly, I'd rather have Colon than not have him.

You never know. If the Sox get to the postseason, a 1-2 punch like we have now can make things totally unpredictable. Dissing an obviously good trade based on speculation that you think everything will go wrong is just as stupid as saying an obviously bad trade is good by speculating that every single thing will go right.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Normally you care when a 20-game winner joins your pitching staff.  Two days ago, nearly everyone was 100% sure that the Sox would not be getting Colon, so who the f*** knows how long he'll be here or what kind of an impact he'll have?  Certainly not me, you, or anyone without connections to the Sox's front office.  Quite frankly, I'd rather have Colon than not have him.

You never know.  If the Sox get to the postseason, a 1-2 punch like we have now can make things totally unpredictable.  Dissing an obviously good trade based on speculation that you think everything will go wrong is just as stupid as saying an obviously bad trade is good by speculating that every single thing will go right.

well either way it still doesnt make me cream my jeans........lol...........

the real hsc is here.... so you dont like my attitude .. big f***in deal... why should i get all excited on something which is here for now but wont be taking us anywhere later.......yeah i figured it was out of kw's reach to get him.. but then again whos to say that boston wont come up with a really good offer that kw cant resist in the next week or so huh.......who cares.........kw is too stupid to trade for a guy of colons calibur thats why he needed cashmans help with it..........but again who the f*** cares......and inthe end we still may end up with a guy like suppan.. but who the f*** cares.........colon wont help us win cause he cant do it alone nor with him or mark alone anyhow.. theres still a few holes that need drastic plugging on this team and untill they are we wont win s***... who the f*** cares.......colon isnt going to bring us to the world series this year... he isnt going to get us through the first round of playoffs if we even make it that far.. and again i say who the f*** cares.....  face it we arent going to get anywhere untill management is honestly serious about putting a wining team on the field...meaning whole team.... and that just aint going to happen anytime soon.. so who the f*** cares.........you all just go on and act like its world series time if you want but im not going to waste the enegry on high hopes..... as for marks offer.. why dont you email him and just ask him what he was offered.....untill you know both sides of the story then you cant make a judgement.. and ill tell ya what,... kw's side of the story totaly differes from marks...........but again who the f*** cares he wont be here any longer than he has to anyhow...............so i leave you with that.. WHO THE f*** CARES.......

hahahaha...sorry i had to quote that...it was worth a 2nd read :lol:

thats too funny..thanx HSC

what really makes it funny is deep down she is right....this organization wont win anything until they really get serious..this one move really doesnt prove anything unless they back it up with signing a jeff suppan or dare i dream, IROD, or somebody like that...and oh yeah...sign colon long term

okay HSC, you didn't really answer my question, but I guess I'll know your response either way.

I know your pissed and have been pissed since life as a Sox fan is very rough, but how can you completely doubt this team and show no confidence in them?

whether you think so or not, Buehrle and Colon is one of the best duo's in the game. Garland and Wright are two strong, solid pitchers.

Our offense has no glaring weakness compared to other teams out there and our pen is pretty solid.

Now if you want to compare this team to the Yankees, then yeah, you can say this team sucks and has now chance (IN COMPARISON), but look at every team in the AL and NL for that matter. We have one of the best pitching duo's, one of the best offenses, and a strong bullpen. don't know about you, but that is pretty damn competitive.

does that guarentee a world series? no, but if it did, there would be no point in watching baseball. this team as is can very well make it to playoffs, and if you watched the Angels last year, and the D-Backs before that, it will show you don't have to have this great team to win it.

now i know, JR doesnt want to win, but the team RIGHT NOW CAN WIN and doesn't need JR to change his attitude.

I don't think ANYONE should be thinking world series because it takes more than just a few players (hell, even the yanks can't think WS).

we are fans, all we can do is look at our team and give an honest opinion as to where they can be, and the Sox could make the playoffs and PERHAPS do something special. whether JR wants it or not, the players on the field have the capabilities of getting the job done and winning, something JR can't control.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well im glad not everyone has their heads sucking up kw's ass for this one... thanks baggs .....i knew you would appreciate what i was saying and understand it .............

Normally you care when a 20-game winner joins your pitching staff.  Two days ago, nearly everyone was 100% sure that the Sox would not be getting Colon, so who the f*** knows how long he'll be here or what kind of an impact he'll have?  Certainly not me, you, or anyone without connections to the Sox's front office.  Quite frankly, I'd rather have Colon than not have him.

You never know.  If the Sox get to the postseason, a 1-2 punch like we have now can make things totally unpredictable.  Dissing an obviously good trade based on speculation that you think everything will go wrong is just as stupid as saying an obviously bad trade is good by speculating that every single thing will go right.

well either way it still doesnt make me cream my jeans........lol...........

All right, well, we can agree on that. :o

well im glad not everyone has their heads sucking up kw's ass for this one... thanks baggs .....i knew you would appreciate what i was saying and understand it .............

ive been thinking about why the sox made this deal..one of two things

either they are finally becoming serious about winning agin and more deals will follow , including inking colon to a 3 or 4 year deal or this move was made because season ticket sales or so low right now they had to make one move to make sure attendance didnt get any worse..if thats the case then look for no more deals and colon walks next year

time will tell..

Guest hotsoxchick1
okay HSC, you didn't really answer my question, but I guess I'll know your response either way. 

I know your pissed and have been pissed since life as a Sox fan is very rough, but how can you completely doubt this team and show no confidence in them? 

whether you think so or not, Buehrle and Colon is one of the best duo's in the game.  Garland and Wright are two strong, solid pitchers. 

Our offense has no glaring weakness compared to other teams out there and our pen is pretty solid. 

Now if you want to compare this team to the Yankees, then yeah, you can say this team sucks and has now chance (IN COMPARISON), but look at every team in the AL and NL for that matter. We have one of the best pitching duo's, one of the best offenses, and a strong bullpen.  don't know about you, but that is pretty damn competitive. 

does that guarentee a world series?  no, but if it did, there would be no point in watching baseball.  this team as is can very well make it to playoffs, and if you watched the Angels last year, and the D-Backs before that, it will show you don't have to have this great team to win it. 

now i know, JR doesnt want to win, but the team RIGHT NOW CAN WIN and doesn't need JR to change his attitude. 

I don't think ANYONE should be thinking world series because it takes more than just a few players (hell, even the yanks can't think WS). 

we are fans, all we can do is look at our team and give an honest opinion as to where they can be, and the Sox could make the playoffs and PERHAPS do something special.  whether JR wants it or not, the players on the field have the capabilities of getting the job done and winning, something JR can't control.

malto i support this team each and every year and my family has since the early 40's........when i took over the ticket package the amount of money i lay down each and every year just for the tickets alone should be more than enough to afford a decient pitchers salary.. not to mention the amount of money i lay down at the beer guys feet, the snacks for my kids and the s*** in the gift shop....i mean hell i drop alot of cash there.. now multiply that by 15 cause i know of at least 15 others who drop a dime like i do at the park...we could have one hell of a team each year or at least be able to afford 15 good, very good, players..........i show no confidence in them cause they show me nothing to be confident bout... now if it were the yanks.. come on they enter each and every year with the upmost confidence.......they could put 15 morons out on their roster and everyone would be confident that they would win or at least make it to the post season........we put that out there and where does it get us??? an empty stadium, second place, and not much else to look foward to.............everyone is so hyped on colon.. thinking its the next step to the series.. ya well there are a ton more stairs we need to climb before we hit the top but everyone is losing that perspective with this deal...........and dont even get me started on jr............this is jmho though you dont have to agree with me... its been many years being a fan and many more ill be a fan cause its the way i was raised.... but geez us i dont have to be happy about every little move they make... cause most times im not..........

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC does this trade effect what you said last night about kw and possibly being happy before the start of the season.

i dont know what did i say last nite?????lol i dont remember that far back...... :D