Possible FA:

Roberto Hernandez

Kerry Ligtenberg

Rick White

Dennis Cook

Manny Aybar

Mike Fetters

OR

Jeff Suppan and move Rauch into the pen.

i would look at the minors for that. i think some of our prospect should be near ready to perform.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Possible FA:

Roberto Hernandez

Kerry Ligtenberg <<< THIS WOULD BE GREAT

Rick White

Dennis Cook

Manny Aybar

Mike Fetters

OR

i would look at the minors for that. i think some of our prospect should be near ready to perform.

are there any left??????? lol........ or has kw given them all away..............

We don't need any of those guys.  We'll have enough good pitchers at AAA, that if we need one, we just make a phone call to Charlotte.  Bartolo  is all we need.  JR can spend his money on guys already on the roster.

jim i disagree....our bullpen is weak...with osuna gone almost every arm in the had a plus 4 era last year..and i wasnt even a big fan of osuna but we did need him and need to replace him......

with colon this might be a one year shot...we need to win now or what was the purpose of trading for him??

another name i saw on the free agent list..graeme lloyd...solid lefty

We don't need any of those guys.  We'll have enough good pitchers at AAA, that if we need one, we just make a phone call to Charlotte.  Bartolo  is all we need.  JR can spend his money on guys already on the roster.

if barcelo is healty and can pitch like he use too, he is all that we need.

are you sure we still have lorenzo??? i thought i read somewhere we optioned him out ... i could be wrong though...

even if we did option him, he is still ours and is recovering from an ijury.

barcelo is gone..was given his unconditional release...remember..he was the guy KW blasted in the papers saying that lorenzo was basically a baby because everytime he got a little owie he wanted to go on the DL...when KW does that (ala sean lowe , jim parque ) your days are done here

Possible FA:

Roberto Hernandez

Kerry Ligtenberg

Rick White

Dennis Cook

Manny Aybar

Mike Fetters

OR

Mac...I love that idea. I was thinking of that today when I was driving home from work. Ligthenberg is an older veteran, something I'd like to see the Sox have in the bullpen cause vets can really help our pitchers and bring leadership.

Flash's deal will go final on Monday or thats what they are assuming, contingent on his physical.

We don't need any of those guys.  We'll have enough good pitchers at AAA, that if we need one, we just make a phone call to Charlotte.  Bartolo  is all we need.  JR can spend his money on guys already on the roster.

jim i disagree....our bullpen is weak...with osuna gone almost every arm in the had a plus 4 era last year..and i wasnt even a big fan of osuna but we did need him and need to replace him......

with colon this might be a one year shot...we need to win now or what was the purpose of trading for him??

Marte's era was excellent. Glover's era as a reliever is excellent. Koch's era is good. Then you have Flash whose era was in the low 3's. You also have Wunsch who I think found himself into the high 3's late in the season, but he did excell down the stretch as he got healthier.

Thats more then many teams out there. Someone can check my stats, cause I'm going off the top of my head, but thats what I call a heck of a bullpen.

Oh ya..we also have Munoz, Sanders, Stewart, and Almonte all ready.

are you sure we still have lorenzo??? i thought i read somewhere we optioned him out ... i could be wrong though...

I think we just took him off the 40, but I can't verify thats all we did. I'm thinking he'll be in AAA next year. I do know he's pitching in the Winter League.

We don't need any of those guys.  We'll have enough good pitchers at AAA, that if we need one, we just make a phone call to Charlotte.  Bartolo  is all we need.  JR can spend his money on guys already on the roster.

Marte's era was excellent. Glover's era as a reliever is excellent. Koch's era is good. Then you have Flash whose era was in the low 3's. You also have Wunsch who I think found himself into the high 3's late in the season, but he did excell down the stretch as he got healthier.

Thats more then many teams out there. Someone can check my stats, cause I'm going off the top of my head, but thats what I call a heck of a bullpen.

Oh ya..we also have Munoz, Sanders, Stewart, and Almonte all ready.

i forgot about marte's era , which was excellent, but the rest of those guys were horrible when it counted...

glover's era was excellent as a reliever???.reliever /starter whatever...his era was over 5..thats not excellent...that doesnt mean it will be excellent out of the pen next year...since he pitched more as a starter then a reliever there was no gaurentee thats he just inconsistent and if left in the pen wouldnt have ended up with a 5 era anyways...

kelly wunsch was no where near the pitcher of '00...his velocity was about 5-8 mph off his '00 pace and thats a shame cause i really like kelly but this is a guy that right now cant pitch to more then 2 guys in a row w/o getting lit up...hopefully he gets it back this year but its something we cant count on...most of the time he struggled to reach 80 mph...i thought his era ws over 4 but even if it wasnt , he didnt pitch like he did in '00

koch hasnt pitched for us yet...plus he is one year removed form a 4.80 era...which koch are gonna get..the '02 or '01 version???...

gordon???...you cant be serious??...when was the last time this guy went a whole season healthy???..1987???..j/k

munoz , sanders , stewart , almonte....whats their combined major league record???

you see a great pen..i see a question mark at every position...if every question is answered in the positive then yes , ill agree, we will have a great...my guess these questions will fall along a 50/50 split...half in the positive and half in the negative...ill go with wunsch and koch on the plus side..gordon and glover suck it up bigtime...maybe one of those rookies steps up and pitches well..maybe ..we still need help :o

I see a VERY solid bullpen. And adding Colon's innings to the rotation will make the bullpen that much stronger. I'm am not worried about our bullpen at all. Especially with the probable addition of Flash. There is the veteran some mentioned earlier in this thread.

When I commented that our bullpen was fine, I was assuming that Flash will be with us. He has great stuff. Look at his K's per innings last year. He had one or two bad innings last year right after his return from the DL, and that inflated his ERA. Our biggest weakness is probably Wunsch, but both Almonte and Munoz are probably better anyway. Of course, I always look at the glass being half full.

Wunch should have a better year this year, last year was coming off surgery plus he was hurt in spring training, so he should recover nicely.

Unfortunately, barcelo i do believe is gone like someone said, but he is pitching in winterleagues, so maybe a minorleague contract perhaps could be done.

flash will take osuna's spot but the long relief is where we need help... the 3 inning guys... dont think munoz is that guy... almonte may be best, although sanders may wind up there if not in the rotation. If sox sign cheap vet. starter, rauch will be long relief to start season.....

Glover is ON when out of the pen.... starting is a totally different ballgame than relief, so you cannot compare stats for a guy that is starting vs when he is in the pen... at least for most pitchers.

I am guessing that there will be a lot of minor league contracts and non roster invitees to sp this year...